When the fuck did you all stop sweating?

@brad0144 Man my three years old went two weeks without pee in her pull-ups at 3 and we immediately went underwear. I was so ready to be done with diapers. It’s been 6 months now with no accidents!

@brad0144 Yeah this is being driven more from her than from us. She’ll wake up in the middle of the night and yell for the potty 🙄
Like lady, you’re good, let me sleep!

@gregorydrake My 2 year old says it every so often, doesn't bother me in the slightest. She only ever says it around me and the wife and seems to know she's not to say it around other people.

@glenwoodinncc We are in Australia, our neighbour is Kiwi. He's very loud but we've managed to convince our 3yo that he's saying "rock and roll bro", not "fucken hell bro"

When I swear, she says "We don't say shit, Daddy". I apologise and we move on. lol

@glenwoodinncc I'm Jewish and I've been called a kike a hundred times. There's a couple sources for it's origin, but the most commonly accepted ones is during world war II fleeing Jewish migrants wouldn't know how to sign their names in the language of the country they landed on so they drew a circle. In yiddish (a mixed language of Hebrew German and other languages common to Jewish refugees) kikel (pronounced with a ch sound in the middle) is the word for circle, and due to language barrier (and illiteracy) many signed with just a circle. Many languages don't have a ch sound so they became kikes.

It's a terrible word to use derogatorily, but to some extent I think understanding and speaking about the origins helps. We should know where it came from.

@boopie I don’t know. Trying to put myself in the shoes of the people making that circle mark, in the circumstances in which they made it, and imagining having the memory of that flung at me as an insult …

The worst I’ve heard used against my people are terms like frog and square head. I’d rather insults like those: they don’t have the same emotional load.

@colleen37 Yeah don't get me wrong, it's the same as the n word, presumably derived from the French or Latin words of similar sound which just means black, but it's the context in which it's used that gives it meaning.

Same for k word, it's entirely the context, but I just mean like the actual literal translation of the word isn't as bad as I had expected