When did you stop tracking everything for baby (e.g., nursing sessions, wet/soiled diapers, sleep duration, etc.)?

@christiangirl94 Tracked bottle oz and sleep schedules until the day my maternity was over at 4 months. Now I track nothing 😂. Baby eats every 3ish hours and has 2 hour wake windows. He’s healthy and happy. No need to stress about the rest. Esp if his dr doesn’t even ask about it anymore.

@christiangirl94 To each their own, but I adore tracking. I feel better, and less stressed - and feel like I understand my LO a bit better. We initially started it because of severe weight loss after birth and now, 9 months later, we use it to better understand her feeding and sleep schedule (and better predict what her attitude might be given how little or how much she’s slept/eaten). Also helps us track how long an illness is, when symptoms started, etc. I also add important milestones so I can go back and remind myself when she started babbling, sitting, etc. We use Baby Connect and since our daycare tracks everything in their own app, we manually input that info every day.

@christiangirl94 I stopped tracking the day I got home from the hospital. I feed my baby when he is hungry and I change him when he needs to be changed. If he wasn't eating, sleeping, or going through enough diaper etc i would notice.

@christiangirl94 With my youngest (almost 10 months), she’s had a few hospital trips. Being able to pull out my phone and tell them how many wet nappies they’d had, how many bottles, when they had medication, how much they slept was a lifesaver. I was so worried that I was hard pressed to remember any of that. I have the baby connect app and it was easy as pie to record things

@christiangirl94 4 months and still tracking feeds and diapers, mostly so I don't forget and let him go too long with a wet diaper just because I haven't heard a poop yet, and so that if he gets fussy I can check and see "hmm, he finished his last feeding 45 minutes ago? Probably just bored/ tired/ wet diaper" instead of resorting to nursing right away.

I recently also started tracking his night wakings because they ramped up around 3.5 months and I wanted to compare how many cumulative hours he was getting from one night to the next.

I also don't use an app, I just have a note on my phone that I update. The old data is useless to me, but I like being able to refer back up to a few days so it works for me.

@christiangirl94 I only track milk and occasionally naps.

My baby is very on the clock so it has been a great way to help us figure out his needs. We do follow him so if he’s hungry sooner or later he gets fed when he wants. It has jus spared us from lots of trial and error to figure out why he was fussing.
Plus it helps me remember which side to nurse from.

@christiangirl94 None of the above (my daughter is 2 now), I tracked feeds when she was 0-12 months, tracked diapers when she was under the health visitor care (until about 6-8 weeks), tracked sleep from 9-15 months.

I only tracked what I needed to at any given time, when she wasn't sleeping well I tracked that to try and help get her in a rhythm, because she was formula fed I tracked that until we put her on cow's milk because it was hard to know how long the bottle had been out otherwise

@christiangirl94 I stopped tracking bottles once she was weaned fully at 12 months.

I stopped tracking nappies at the same time.

She’s 2 in January and I only track sleep purely because she’s still waking at night and it gives me a good indication of how tired she’s going to be.

Edit: I’m also going to throw in that tracking is habit for me. I was a nanny for over a decade before I had my daughter and it was something I did until parents asked me to stop.

Back