What did your kids have for lunch this week

joegibson

Include age ranges too please! I'm in a lunch rut and as my littlest's appetite has grown we have less dinner leftovers for lunch haha.

@joegibson I’ve got a one and a four year old. Some things I make. Some of these are sides some are main things: quesadillas, canned beans, tuna salad, boiled eggs, pb&j sandwiches, grilled cheese, omelettes, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, hummus and pretzels, cottage cheese, homemade easy guac (mashed avocado, seasoning, lime juice)

@joegibson My youngest at almost two barely touches any but the four year old does: raw carrots (sliced thin and with ranch), cooked broccoli, cooked green beans, cooked corn kernels. Sometimes cooked mushrooms or asparagus. We usually serve with a bit of melted butter and salt and pepper. Took a lot of regular offering but now he’s into at least those! Oh and he likes edamame, especially opening the pods himself.

@joegibson I have an about to be 3 and about to be 5 year old , and the veggies they like are corn, green peas, sugar snap peas, bell pepper slices, broccoli tops, edamame, cherry tomatoes, cucumber with lime juice, a few bites of salad and sometimes cooked carrots. They don't eat a ton of them and I have to constantly rotate through them.

Oldest won't eat raw carrots because they're too crunchy, and the squashy parts of tomatoes are her favorite. She pulls the peas out of the sugar snap pea pod and prefers most veggies raw. The younger one, when he's done, takes the skins off peas, calls them turtles and then occasionally eats the turtle part. Broccoli is only accepted roasted with some lemon and parmesan. The only accepted salad is Costco salad, which is spring mix, feta, olive garden dressing and croutons. My kids don't like ranch.

So far, the baby likes green beans, but that's all she's had.

Back