What chores do you get done while baby wearing?

wrshamblinjr

Basically my question is the title! I want to keep my house cleaner but I also want to limit the time my 3 month old spends in her bouncy chair.

Currently I do the following chores while baby wearing:
- vacuum
- mop
- general tidy
- hand wash dishes
- dust
- prep fruit/veggies

Is there anything else l can add to my list?! I do most of those daily but it still doesn’t seem like enough to keep the house clean!

For context I have a 17lb 3 month old and an ergo omni 360!

@wrshamblinjr When I used to baby wear I would cook, do East laundry tasks that didn’t require bending down, and just tidy up :)

I don’t mean to be judgey at all, but I feel like dusting near baby isn’t a good idea but I could be wrong.. just wanted to mention that. But I guess it also depends on airflow and stuff? Idk!

@wrshamblinjr Yeah don't cook anything like bacon. I reached for a pan at the grabbing stage while my bio mom was cooking and got Bacon grease all over me. It's my first memory, the pain was excruciating. 2nd degree burns and a few scars.

I would be ok with steaming, boiling, crock pot prepping or anything safe like that but anything dangerous my kid is in her bouncer.

@suicidegirl1988 I’ve tried laundry but I have a top load washer and can’t reach the bottom of it with her in the carrier lol! I can see it being so much easier when she’s old enough for a back carry!

@wrshamblinjr Def drop the clean clothes on the couch or bed and fold them while wearing! Baby makes a nice little folding surface while on the front! I felt bad bending over while back carrying as well but now he says “wheeee” 😂

@wrshamblinjr I use this as an opportunity for squats. Gotta get my exercises in somehow. I just turn to the side, squat and reach around to the bottom of the tub. Then repeat on the other side as needed.

@thehunted I think the general rule is 6 months old and able to sit up on their own! i didn’t really start until 7ish months because i was afraid 😂 But it ended up being super easy with the Tula using the hip scoot technique… kind of like putting on a backpack!

@wrshamblinjr I found it very difficult to do chores while wearing my small baby. Partly because my core wasn't healed and movement was hard. Partly because I always felt that baby was in the way of my arms (and he didn't like back carries) . I mainly walked in the woods, danced wearing headphones, or stood at a standing desk and played computer games and swayed.

Which is just to say, you could also do something fun for yourself too. Instead of maximizing productivity. Productive is great, but don't put yourself under too much pressure. You're already crushing it.