New SAHM: What chores do you daily and weekly?

@rudytoot Daily..pick up through out day, put a load of laundry in and put away any clothes that need putting away, i like to make a pitcher of fresh juice or lemonade (lemons and honey sometimes mint or lavender, put smells into air (various methods lol) rinse dishes as you go put them away in morning if needed

Then night time i put dishes into washer, laundry if needed, pick up the house, wipe down counters and reorganize...just like a little refresh that doesnt take longer than 30m but makes such a big difference, use the tinico (vac mop), make sure toilet papers and paper towels are filled up, take out trash maybe prep food

Weekly..laundry on rotation (clothes one day, sheets one day, bath mats one day and towels the next type of thing) restocking everything, i wipe down the couch and vac carpets if needes but we mostly have wood, meal plan and make grocery lists

Im sure im forgetting things haha i dont think about it anymore its just the flow of the day

@rudytoot Daily: cooking/baking/meal prep, dishes, kitchen counters, sweep/spot mopping in kitchen, wipe down high chair, litter box

Weekly: Fri = bathroom, Sat = cleaning bedrooms, Sun and Wed = sweep and vacuum living room and hallways, Mon = deep clean kitchen, Tues = trash/recycling/ cans and full litter box clean, Thurs = wash sheets

As needed: laundry and folding (I use cloth diapers so laundry is usually an every day thing), groceries (usually 2x weekly and I spot clean the fridge as I put them away), less common cleaning like dusting, windows, vacuuming the stairs, cleaning the oven/toaster/microwave etc I just do whenever it needs to get done

ETA: keep in mind that the first 3 months at least with your newborn will likely be survival mode. Don’t expect to be able to follow a chore schedule. Just do the minimum and enjoy your time with your baby. Don’t prioritize chores over rest in the early days!

@rudytoot My husband does bedtime while I do a daily reset at the end of the day:
  • pick up toys and books on the floor, throw into baskets or return to shelves
  • start the robovac
  • do dishes
  • clean countertops and stove if needed
  • Sweep crumbs in kitchen
As needed throughout the week:
- Throw in laundry
- Fold laundry (this one I can do with my daughter playing nearby or “helping”)
- quick scrub of toilet and wiping down bathroom surfaces with a disinfectant wipe

Weekend:
- Change and launder bedding and towels
- Clean bathrooms
- Dust surfaces
- Swiffer & mop kitchen/bathroom floors
- Deeper cleaning as needed

@rudytoot Daily: Tidy. Clean kitchen. Laundry (I have three kids and its too overwhelming to NOT do laundry everyday).

Weekly: Declutter. Wash sheets. Clean bathrooms.

Monthly: Deep clean house. Declutter.

Before baby I would focus on decluttering and organizing. Get the kitchen the way you want it; have a station for bottle washing and pumping supplies. Set up your bathroom with supplies for postpartum; pads, liners, disposable underwear, witch hazel. I love to make lists of shows and books. Prepping food really helps too! I highly recommend the book "How to Keep House While Drowning" as the author is fantastic about treating care tasks as ongoing cyclic things that dont determine our self worth.

@rudytoot I’m still totally winging it, 3 years in, but every day I load the dishwasher, run it overnight, and empty it in the morning. I also try to do one load of laundry “all the way through” each day. I’ve found that works better than cramming all the laundry into a day and then leaving the piles sitting around. Everything else is really “as needed.”

@rudytoot Don’t worry about routine for the newborn period. Your routine will be mostly be sleep, feed baby, rock baby, sleep etc. and cleaning baby stuff. Prioritise laundry because it’ll make life easier. Deep clean the whole house before baby arrives and declutter as much as possible. Make a ton of freezer meals and simple food for the newborn period, so you can try to eat healthily.

Daily: laundry (clothes), wiping down kitchen, dishwasher, sweeping floors, general tidying.

Twice weekly: clean bathrooms, towels in laundry, clean kitchen.

Weekly: vacuuming, mopping (at least I try to). Bedding is done every two weeks.

The rest is done as needed really, or when guests come. Every now and then I get a surge of energy and try to deep clean and reorganise the house.