What Cheerios-like cereal are you feeding your baby?

@playthelyric I looooove Seven Sundays cereal. Great, clean ingredients, low sugar for the most part, decent protein, etc...

Check them out here. Costco has them most of the time so that really helps with the price. Although they usually only have one kind in store at a time.

@weare any suggestions for portable, nonperishable, no mess alternatives? 😬 i like that i can keep “cheerios” (healthier version) in the car or diaper bag as a backup snack, and i dont have to worry about crumbs or messy stains. We do lots of healthier snacks like homemade muffins, fresh fruits/veggies, egg bites,, etc but i can’t just keep am avocado or handful of blueberries sitting in my car all week 😆

@weare i always have a bag of almonds or cashews with me for my own snacking needs hahaha! but my daughter is only 15 months, so nuts are still a choking hazard for her 😢

@lcnolen2022 Slightly off the wall but we don't snack. We have three meals and my kids (11mo and 3 years) wait.

If we are eating on the go a lunchbox might have cheese, crackers, raisins, salami, boiled egg, yoghurt pouch, museli bar, packet of chippie things (pea crisps etc). But obviously I pack that the day of, I don't have food in my car.

@lcnolen2022 Depending on your kid(s) ages, these may or may not work:
That’s It Bars (2 ingredients),freeze dried fruit, peanut butter bambas. I think crumbs are just par for the course though, I don’t think they are completely avoidable.

@mariefromtexas Same except baby is only 9 months. I’m curiously reading wondering if I should be giving him cereal?? He’s basically paleo right now lol. I haven’t done any processed foods really

@dayssola Yeah we’re similar. At that age (before one) I don’t think we had given processed foods at all either, unless you’re counting store bought purées. We’re not paleo, I just generally follow the Brazilian dietary guidelines, which have gotten an update in the last decade and I personally believe are excellent.

My kids are 2 and 3.5 now so I’m not extremely strict with anything because I don’t want to create a culture of paranoia around food. But we simply don’t keep in the house stuff we don’t want to be part of their regular diet.

@mariefromtexas We’re not paleo either… can you tell me more about the Brazilian dietary guidelines?! This is my first hearing of them. I will also Google

I agree about keeping a chill relationship w food

@dayssola The Brazilian ministry of health has moved away from the food pyramid and onto classifying food into one of three categories: unprocessed foods, minimally processed, and highly processed.

So for example, oatmeal is an unprocessed food, but cheerios, although made of oats, are a highly processed food. Wheat is unprocessed (but inedible), homemade/ artisan bread is minimally processed, but wonder bread is highly processed. Limes are unprocessed, freshly squeezed lemonade is minimally processed, but powdered lemonade is highly processed. Fruits, meats, grains, and vegetables are unprocessed; high quality dairy is minimally processed; etc, you get the drift.

The recommendation is that the bulk of everyone’s diet should consist of unprocessed foods; minimally-processed foods should be consumed in moderation; and highly processed foods should be generally avoided or looked at as a treat, but definitely not part of people’s regular diet.

Back