What Cheerios-like cereal are you feeding your baby?

@playthelyric Millville Crispy Oats (Aldi) way fewer ingredients, good price, slightly more nutritious. I mix a little milk and some yogurt in. It helps them stick to the spoon so toddler can learn to use cutlery.

@playthelyric I never saw the need to give my child heavily processed foods, such as cherios. I don't understand why people give this to their small children..? Is it an American thing? I don't know anyone who would give their kids Cheerios...
(Don't mean to be rude, I understand there might be cultural aspects in play here )

@playthelyric Didn't give my son any cereal until he was a lot older but as a 2.5 year old he enjoys Three Wishes cereal. He would probably eat any kind but this has more protein and less sugar.

@kterry i don’t think most people are offering it as a meal, but cheerios or similar cereals are good if you need a no-mess, quiet snack to keep babies or toddlers entertained in church or something 🤷🏻‍♀️ it takes my toddler forever to pick “cheerios” (we use the Three Wishes brand) one by one out of her snack catcher cup, and i know they won’t leave a sticky mess on the upholstered pew or her church dress

@eugen the annoying thing is that all of the “healthy” ones aren’t iron fortified (at least not to the extent that Cheerios are 😭) so my kid is still getting a bowl of baby oatmeal each day 😂

@eugen Ahh ok, I haven’t figured out why people think babies need to eat Cheerios but that makes sense. I suppose between cheerios and a plain cracker, better to pick the iron-fortified one.

Back