Trying for a baby as a young couple?

@light3 Sometimes I think we might be crazy for settling in the UK and not Germany šŸ˜… but there are pretty awesome things here I have to remember! Also think Germany is amazing for employed people and UK is slightly better for self employed!

@light3 I live in the US and want to cry when I hear how well other countries take care of parents and families. I'll be lucky if I can take 12 weeks off, and I definitely won't be paid most or all of the time I do it. I'm so glad Germany takes care of its people; I wish the USA didn't hate women and children so much.

@samiwhitie Yeah, that is right! The government in germany is really supportive for parents and maternity leave as well as for people how have difficulties in their job. You can financial support in every situation here.

Thank you so much for your answer.

@mightynameofjesus I wanna add in here as a young mom myself.

I just turned 24 and have a 3 month old that was planned. I think young moms get a bad reputation for little to no reasoning. It frustrates the hell out of me seeing 30+ year old women giving advice that may have applied to them not recognizing that not everyoneā€™s life course follows the same trajectory. Just because you are young does not inherently mean your child is worse off. It breaks my heart that you have to preface this post with your achievements just to spare yourself from the trendy young mom hate.

Okay, small rant over.

You know in your heart what you want to do and whatā€™s right in your situation even if it isnā€™t clear yet. Nobody online can truly make this decision for you. Do some deep thinking and talking with your husband. Do what is right for YOU! Sending baby dust your way! āœØ

@candylee111 Thank you so much!
I am also a sad that there are so many prejudices to young moms, I talked about my achievements exactly because of this reason.

I appreciate your words so much!

I am going to take some time to think about it and to talk to my husband. And I think I will also follow the advice to get a second opinion about fertility.

@mightynameofjesus So, you have 9 years left before your Dr is worried about fertility. Personally, I'd wait until you're both done with your training courses in 1.5 years. That still leaves 7.5 years to have kids, which should be enough. It'll be a lot easier if you're earning more than 2300 euro per month in total