They called us in for the conversation we very NICU parent dreads

@szilvia I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I agree with everyone else here though, trust your gut.
My friend, halfway through their NICU stay, was told that her 29 weeker was likely not going to make it after multiple complications happened… but guess whose a thriving 7 month old!
She pushed, asked questions and advocated for her baby. She had two great core nurses who supported her throughout their journey too. The medical team has the medical knowledge, but you know your baby best.

@szilvia What is the prognosis if you don’t mind sharing, I’m going through something similar with my 9 day old with significant brain bleeding causing damage to her left hemisphere, the drs state poor quality of life and she will have long term effects if she survives. I’m keeping hope up and not going to end her care. Prayers to you and your family! I’m here to support you if you need someone to talk to

@dahager3049 No one has really said! I think it’s still too early to say, so we’re just trying to give her every possible chance at a good life.

Everyone says both here and in our NICU that baby brains can do amazing things. I hope you and your baby have better days ahead. ❤️

Back