14 yo son called me a b***h

@abovethewaves I would have a fucking meltdown if my daughter called me a bitch. I've always stressed to her since she was born that she is not to swear in front of me or other adults and I consider it disrespectful. She's 14 now. I've told her, I know you swear, swear it up with your friends, but not in front of me. She has always respected that and I am so grateful because I don't know what I would do. haha. So that was not a helpful response. But, I am sympathetic to your struggle!!

@abovethewaves I have 22 & 15 year old sons & never have they ever called me names. Not out of fear, well, maybe fear of their Father whooping their ass, but mostly out of respect. They day they call me names is the day I slap fire out of their asses & then they'd gave to deal with their Father.

Has there been abuse in the household for him to learn this behavior ?

Don't let him do it. Before you know it he'll be 17 & 18, and it will get worse. The way he treats his mom is they way he'll treat his women. Don't out up with it !!

@haak123 Did you really just ask if there’s abuse in their household after stating you would slap fire out of their asses and then turn them over to their dad to get their asses whooped?

@abovethewaves Even at their worst, my kids have never called me names. However, we have quite a few years to go so ya never know. That being said, toughen up. He’s trying to see what he can get away with, so show him.

@abovethewaves
He likes to tell me how to drive even though he’s always on his phone when I’m driving and literally couldn’t even tell you how to navigate to our house. He accused me of cutting off a car. Which I did not do. Which he didn’t even see because he was on his phone.

There's the cause right there. You don't take his viewpoint seriously. If he couldn't see you cut off a car because he was looking at his phone, then you couldn't drive because you were looking at your son. See the logic you are employing?

Your child is now a teenager with his own opinions different from yours. Learn to accept his differences with respect.

@postimpatica You’ve totally misunderstood. It’s a simple fact that he’s always on his phone when I drive. I don’t have to be watching him every second to know that. And he readily admits to it. Super disappointed by the shallow and unhelpful response.

@abovethewaves I am a very emotional person and raising 2 teens is rough. They can be vicious. I have to remind myself they dont mean it, its hormones, but I do set boundaries. I wont allow you to speak to me like that, when you remember your manners and respect come talk to me. That usually stops them. It takes every ounce in me not to break down and cry. After, when they come talk to me I say things along the line like I am here for you anytime, but I am not your punching bag. You need help dealing with whatever you are dealing with, ask for, but dont abuse me.