Sex after birth

deamy

Hi you all

If this is not allowed, let me know, but o don't know where to post this.

I am now three months postpartum, been cleared by the doctor, but I just seem to have a very low sex drive. Part of me wants to the other really cannot be asked.

During pregnancy we didn't have much sex, because I was afraid of getting a UTI (I have a history with them)… so it's been a while since the last time.

We sort of tried today and it hurt. How long did it take you guys to get back into the swing of things? Any advice for getting rid of the mental blockage?

@deamy Your sex drive is what it is, and there's nothing wrong with it. Lots of women feel "touched out" from the baby and don't want to be touched for quite some time.

From a physical side, have a look and check that your vulva and vagina have healed.

Occasionally tears heal poorly and can cause pain. You can also end up in an oestrogen-depleted state which leads to vaginal dryness. If sex remains painful, ask your doctor for vaginal oestrogen. It can help a lot.

(I'm an OB/GYN but not your OG/GYN)

@radion Hoping this helps me. I had a c section and everything still feels super tight. Have an appointment in two weeks with a pelvic floor physical therapist. Will also be talking about how to get my core strength back. Should have done this months ago!