Saved my daughters life when she was a baby

@h0dyes0d Oh this was recent? Hope you are doing okay, can't imagine what a scare that would be. I'd defo follow up if you think you are able to, not for punitive reasons, just so there an be training done to avoid situations like this (naive perhaps but eh)

@ah1980 I really meant one week ago. We left the hospital on Sunday morning and she is still on antibiotics.

I'll follow up. I was thinking of an email to the hospital, but I don't know what else

@h0dyes0d Aye I'd say email the hospital and if they ignore then it depends where you are. I know in England the NHS takes all complaints outwith hospitals as they do external investigations.

@h0dyes0d Plenty of lawyers make a living off medical malpractice. An email to them asking for their take in the situation may be beneficial as well before any email to the hospital

@moialiceme I have never been so scared in my life. She looked ok, just a bit of fever and while breastfeeding her fever went up like crazy, she became unresponsive and she started to shake

Just to clarify on the blood test. The one they made is double: in 1.5 hours we got confirmation of the infection severity and after a few days the kind of infection. It is called emocultivo in Spanish

@jansein As much as I feel for doctors it's not much of an excuse. If you are overworked to the point where you are compromising patient safety you either leave your position or strike. They literally swear to priotitise patient welfare and it's a profession that should have much higher standards than most.

@ah1980 From experience, there are a lot of cut throat doctors out there who are fine with the overworking if it means millions of dollars a year.

@moialiceme This is terrible and happens far too often! I have a friend who has been disabled her entire life because of bad medical care.

When her mom was in labor, the admitting nurse refused to believe her, telling her she just needed the restroom and telling her to go home. My friend was born on the floor of the hospital bathroom with the cord wrapped around her neck four times.

Even then, when my friend's dad went back to the nurse and told her what was happening, she refused to believe him and he had to go himself to try and find a doctor. The nurse was fired and the family received a settlement, but forty years later, my friend still deals with problems that would crush most of us. She has cerebral palsy that causes a range of problems, from pain, inability to work, and mental distress. It's horrifying that one stupid nurse caused this to happen.

@moialiceme Important thing I noticed in this post: You mentioned that you gave a combo of advil and ibuprofen.

Those are the same medication. Make sure you read the actual medication name, not the brand name. Not doing so is an easy way to give your kid too much of something.