OAD by choice - when did you/your S.O. get a vasectomy?

@dpfocanil Thanks for the info, I will talk to my dr soon and I want to be informed when choosing my treatment! It was very helpful, so happy to see that you have it under control… PMDD is no joke.

@amaui It really sucks so hard. I got my period when I was 10 and spent those first 7 years absolutely miserable, physically and mentally. Going off the pill to get pregnant was the same. Bodies are so wild and I hope you find what works for yours!!

@jenny777 I’m following this because we’re due in June and figuring it out too 😂

We’re tentatively planning for him to get snipped over Thanksgiving or Christmas. We’ve already hit the deductible with my prenatal care and he gets decent time off at work so it makes sense to line it up with holidays for PTO

@jenny777 9 months after our LO was born. It is a little sad but mostly because, in a different world (or even a different country) we would have liked to have 2. But here in the US, not knowing how the future is going to look and without universal healthcare, childcare, public university, etc. we decided that we could provide the best life to one child and didn’t want to risk anything accidental.

@jenny777 I have a 10 month old.

I got an IUD a month or two pp and I'm terrified at the thought of getting pregnant again for various reasons... Because I am the one that is definitely OAD I'm choosing to get sterilized. I chose this over my fiance getting a vasectomy because I want to make it 100% impossible for me to get pregnant again. No matter the situation.

Vasectomies can fail and I'd have to bear the consequences of that failure. And God forbid any other abuse happens I won't end up pregnant from it...

I needed to never be pregnant again, ever. So I'm taking control of that. I'm getting a bilateral salpingectomy done in May a week and a half before my daughter turns one.

@jenny777 I had my son young, in my first marriage. I knew I didn't want more so I got an IUD as soon as I was able. Eventually my ex-husband and I split and when I started seeing my now fiancée, I said that I was fairly certain I didn't want to have any more children and my fiancée didn't want to have kids either, so I got a bilateral salpingectomy (tube removal). My fiancée is a trans woman, so between hormones and possible surgery, it's nearly impossible for me to get pregnant anyway and it's such a relief to have a now 18 year old and the freedom to live our lives the way we see fit.

@jenny777 The first one was 1.5 years before conceiving our surprise OAD (he passed the 4 month post-op sperm check with a 0 sperm count but apparently miracles exist and bodies can heal). The second one when I was 7 months pregnant - the looks I got picking him up from the hospital were hilarious.

Back