No clue what to get toddler for Christmas

@kievonn When mine was turning 3 (5 days after Christmas), he got a Sit n Spin, Magnatiles, a marble run, and Duplos. He loves building things and already had a ton of puzzles.

@kievonn Art easel and art supplies. Any kind of building blocks.. magnetic, wooden, duplos… all winners. Dry erase board that’s also magnetic. Lots of cool magnetic games, learning tools available.

@kievonn Mine is turning 3 in February and she’s getting the Little People Barbie Dreamhouse that was at Costco.

Some ideas I gave family are: magnatiles, wooden appliances for her play kitchen, babydoll accessories

@kievonn Ok colored masking tape/washi tape, tape strips of it to the table, and let her peel and re stick. It comes off super easy without leaving residue or white paper behind the way stickers do, my 18mo - 3 yo class loved it and it’s great for fine motor skills

Gift card to get ice cream or something: takes up no space, she’ll have fun paying for it herself like a grown-up, she will probably want to keep the card, to play store or something, and it’s a fun outing to spend some time with her

She’s probably growing fast, you can tell people she needs clothes 1 or 2 sizes ahead of where she’s at, she’ll be excited about getting big girl clothes and it’ll save you money

Crayola and some other brands have glitter markers, good way to let her do sparkly crafts without the mess of actual glitter or glitter glue

A pack of balloons, you can blow one up for her every couple of days and let her bounce it around, blow it up kinda small, about 1/2 full, so it won’t pop and it’s light weight, won’t knock anything over.

Montessori translucent colored paddles and a flashlight are so fun, you can shine through them to make different colored lights, you can do 2 colors at once to look at what new color it makes ex. Red and blue make purple, you can also do flashlight dances or show her her shadow against the wall and let her move back and forth to see it get bigger and smaller

Books: pick some specific titles, so you don’t get ones you already have

Try to pick small things that don’t take up much space, things that get used up and get out of your house, or things that help you, if you’re like the rest of the world then my guess is you don’t need her to have more toys and trinkets to clutter up your life 😂 hope this helps

@kievonn Don’t underestimate how excited kids get about literally anything wrapped as a present. New toothbrush, mini spatula/whisk/tongs, new hair clips, dollarstore cars or dinosaurs…

@kievonn My 3yo is getting 2 new toy cars (Costco has great die cast ones and they can take a beating) and new bed sheets. We are asking for gift cards mostly from others because we have sooo many toys already (I am the problem lol) or, if a gift is a must, to go check out Loverly or KiwiCo subscriptions. Legos/mega blocks, building blocks, and craft kits are welcome, too. We lose a lot of building materials and could always use more, plus craft kits are good to keep in stock.

@kievonn Yoto player is what my 2.5 year old and 6 year old are getting. I would highly suggest looking into it.

Magnatiles are a big hit with my 2. Same with Duplos and playdoh. My 2 year old I'm stumped on outside the Yoto mini because her brother was the only grandchild for his first 2 years on both sides and has EVERYTHING.

Do you have a play kitchen yet? That would probably be my purchase for my daughter if we didn't have one with a ton of play food. Another thing I just picked up when at IKEA for a kids desk is their little tent and tube. They are a nice size and not super expensive. I gave it to them already since my niblings will be in town starting Sunday. They like it so far.

Edit to add: We don't have the actual Magnatile brand. We have Picasso Tiles, which are much cheaper, but still good. I've found additional sets at TJ Maxx/Home Goods for a reasonable price. I believe I saw starter sets when I was there a few weeks ago.

@kievonn Here's what I've gotten for my 3.5 year old daughter.

A hooded unicorn blanket

A set of cupcake puzzles

Some Imagine Ink coloring books

A cut/paste activity book and scissors

A Bluey magnetic playset

A new set of MagnaTiles

Spiderman bath toys

New markers and paints

I have asked my mother to get her a sensory table and the other grandparents to contribute to sensory play items (i.e. kinetic sand, beads, small toys, small tools, etc).

Her dad and I are going in jointly on an electric play car.

@kievonn Dollhouse (lots of great options at varying price points) - wood or plastic - happy to share some from my research if interested and then you can ask for accessories for the dollhouse too.

Magna tiles (or one of the other brands - my kiddo plays with them for hours every day)

Lovevery has great play kits that are for a range of months per kit (they have a handful of developmentally appropriate toys with details about how to introduce and engage with them) - these are around $120 so definitely on higher end)

If she's into music and you don't already have get a kit of different musical instruments (we broke it up into separately wrapped instruments that all wind up in one bag so she has more stuff to open)

Huge fan of Wimmelbooks - they have a ton of great themes and can be "read" multiple different ways - note it's not a story it's more like a where's waldo but with a bunch of different characters on each page that you look for and can create story around,

If you're in US Target has a ton of really fun crafty stuff from Mondo Llama - prices range from $10-25 mostly and ours loves the painting kits

Skillmatics has a ton of fun and interesting activites/games by age

@kievonn My kid turns 3 in March and here’s what I have on his Amazon list right now:
  • play doh play and store table
  • play doh cement truck
  • Magna tiles construction set
  • Magna tiles cars
  • Magna tiles road
  • Color wonder activity set
  • Color wonder Bluey coloring book
  • Sidewalk chalk
  • Melissa and Doug reusable sticker book
  • Melissa and Doug ready set go wooden puzzle
  • Green toys ferry bath toy w/mini cars
  • Lego Duplo space shuttle set
  • Uncle Goose planets and moon phases blocks
  • Melissa and Doug service station
  • Disney Pixar Mack truck
  • Disney Pixar Cars set
  • Books

- PJs in the next size up​

@kievonn Honestly at this age, they’re just happy with a toy. I wouldn’t go overboard spending a bunch for something that will be played with for a few months. In fact, I buy clearance toys and used toys throughout the year and give them out at Christmas time. Sometimes they like opening the present more than the present themselves. Don’t stress about it at this age

Back