No clue what to get toddler for Christmas

@imheretohelp That’s a good idea but maybe not to replace gifts? Getting nothing but a bank account on your 3rd birthday… and then nothing for christmas.. sounds sad.

Love the idea, but she needs something to unwrap! She’s very aware of what Christmas and birthdays entail.

@mikeydb 😂 I just meant, 3 year olds don’t NEED an abundance of items, and probably won’t remember the year anyway. Yes it is a good memory for mom to see her joy when opening gifts, but if she has no idea what to get this would be a GREAT gift. At 16 or 18 or even 25 she could give it to her daughter as a ‘late birthday present’ as a little joke that probably wouldn’t be minded due to the money that would accumulate by that point.

@kievonn My girl is a little younger but. We did an Amazon list with funds for everyone to contribute to so we so we can gift a play kitchen, play store, indoor climbing thing.

Could also do craft items, starter Lego sets, Montessori kitchen tools

@jtra5 Yes, I was going to suggest making an Amazon list to share with family! I've put jammies on there, new water bottle, dot markers and coloring books, etc! Doesn't have to be expensive items!

@kievonn Pretend play ? Does she have things like shopping cart, cashier, medical equipment, vet equipment ? I understand that you describe her as brilliant, but at the end she’s still a kid. So she’s probably into those things. My two toddlers adore doing pretend play.

@kievonn I’m sure others have suggested the Tonies box.. what would be nice in your situation is that it has like 200 options for character add-ons.. makes a super easy gift for others to grab and she could get like 10 different ones from family and it still be fine.

@thecriticalthinker It mostly feels that way because I’ve been thinking about it and actively procrastinating it since the day after her last birthday 😅. But realistically, most of the suggestions here could be done with plenty of time to spare, I’m just a lil anxious thing.

@kievonn This is going to depend mainly on what she likes / what she’s into and what she already has. If she’s into crafts, go with craft supplies, playdoh, kinetic sand. If she’s into make believe play, maybe a doctors kit, a tea set, a baby doll and baby doll bed. If she’s into gross motor, then maybe a balance bike, trampoline, balance beam, stepping stones. If she’s into small characters, Schleich animals, little people sets, train set. If she’s into building, magnatiles or duplo are going to top the list.

@kievonn Mine loves playing with dollhouses, but we have limited space, so we’re getting a bunch of the “little people” toys. She also just had a 3rd birthday & she got a balance bike, books, and a membership to the local children’s museum. For Christmas, we’re likely to get her anything play-doh, art supplies, and maybe a board game.

@kievonn the melissa and doug bowling set, balance stones (we're into playing the floor is lava game right now), a play tent, a sonicare electric kids toothbrush, picasso tiles, a book of temporary tattoos, and kinetic sand.

also a dollar store trip for: more playdoh, more paints, bingo dabbers, colouring books, stickers, and hair accessories.

Back