Newborn Size Clothes are a Scam and Other Thoughts

@adastrasalem I would never suggest not going out and certainly outerwear is important. I’m not sure you have to dress a kid to go out for a socially distanced walk, but that’s up to you! But I have tons of clothes that we bought that were money wasted between not going out for the first three months and then staying at home because of the pandemic ever since. If I could do it over, I would have bought fewer going out outfits.

@jerryklasic What's the difference between a "going out outfit" and a "staying home" outfit? It's not like people are putting their babies in suits and cocktail dresses.

Other than the need for short vs long sleeves, and pants vs no pants, depending on weather/sun. And an extra sweater layer or something.

@haruchi Going out outfits are regular clothes. Staying home outfit is a pajama/sleep n’ play type thing. So in the post you’re responding to, I was saying that I would have bought fewer regular clothes and more sleep n plays because we haven’t gone out much.

@jerryklasic Haha this reminds me about how my mom would laugh at me when I talked about how I didn't get my baby dressed. Now that I'm on my second kid, he spent nearly his whole life so far (11 months) wearing sleepers. Didn't matter where we went, just so much easier, and he's a baby! Now he's starting to walk around and stuff, so I feel like I should get him dressed, but a month ago when we got together with people, he was in pjs!

@lee1009 After 6 months, I only just started getting my baby dressed somewhat regularly, just cause I figure we are in this social distancing thing for the long haul so maybe I need to be better with a routine. But that’s really more about me and my mental health than genuinely caring about what the baby wears. Plus I have all these hand-me-downs and feel like they should see the light of day. But in my heart, I’m all about the sleepers all day.

@jerryklasic I had all gender neutral newborn but pretty girly stuff afterwards. I just had a boy, so newborn stuff is great but he’s still got some rather girly pyjamas. I wish I’d got more gender neutral t shirts etc for later

Back