New parent tip from pediatrician

@rhianne Best thing I figured the first month-2 months was there is no day / night. Once I realized this then everything made more sense. Basically had to slowly create a day and night for her.

@keyslammer We’re in the pre teething phase so far, she feeds at say 9 and will usually stay down sleeping til about 4 or 5.

We’re well aware this isn’t gonna last though.

Point is she seems to be aware that dark quietness means sleeping.

@rhianne This is from the book Babywise. The authors talk about the eat, wake, sleep cycle. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work if you have a newborn that only sleeps 30-45 minutes (which is developmentally normal).

@rhianne I saw that acronym in the "secrets of the baby whisperer" book! (I also found the book helpful for reading my infants body cues) but to be hinest i havent finshed it yet haha.

@jord12 After that you might want to try "Save Our Sleep" by Tizzy Hall, or "Baby Love" by Robyn Baker, or "Sleeping Like a Baby" by Pinky McKay.

Of course I'm staring at them on my bookshelf, why do you ask?

@rhianne I followed the E.A.S.Y method form week 2 onwards and my boy has been in an easy to follow routine since he was like a month old 😊 I just tweaked the timing of it to suit our work schedule and it almost never fails 😁

Back