How do you live as an "aware" parent (i.e. mindful of toxins, clean products, etc) without going overboard?

@chai92 I think the standard for “overboard” needs to be better appreciated as a very specific degree. It is extremely rare for someone to be objectively overboard about something— the word has meaning and, as far as I understand, when something interferes with your basic happiness, functionality or relationship dynamics, then it might be time to step back and reevaluate.

This is to say, there is nothing wrong with, or nothing with which to burden yourself with guilt or stress about, being passionate and having a robust commitment to a certain schedule of behaviors and products that you truly find beneficial for your family.

In short, F the haters. Do you, don’t worry about exceeding an arbitrary limit. Do what is compatible with your own comfort zone.

@chai92 My mom makes bath products and candles and sells them.

Www.cupcakecandleco.com

She started it because she didn't like the cheap fragrances and dyes and terrible ingredients everything had, and my brother and I have skin sensitivity. I have fragrance sensitivity. So I buy from her and use those.

I've done my best for everything else. Glass Tupperware, saving my mason jars for reuse, cooking from scratch most of the time.

@chai92 I generally, day-to-day, just focus on the big things. Where an item is made, which brands are generally trustable, avoid plastic, etc. I only really research bigger things, and pick up info over time. I don't worry about past mistakes, and only replace things if they are excessively bad. Most things are mostly ok.