Kid is 7 and starting to stink

@pt_barnum Not true. I'm allergic to most of the main ingredients in regular deodorant but after years of searching for something that will work and not irritate my skin, Native sensitive deodorant was finally the miracle deodorant I needed. Must be applied after a shower and drying the armpit, and lasts all day.

@bishopoverton I've tried dozens of natural deodorants that are bullshit, because I live in NYC (where people get shunned for smelling bad--this isn't Europe) and have to squeeze into crowded subways regularly. Trust me, I would know even if my own olfactory senses were not working. Several people including my SO are honest that way. And I could always tell when the salt crystals etc. weren't working.

But sure yeah makes more sense that you've tried all of them and can make such a definitive statement.

@bishopoverton That’s a completely horseshit argument because it’s impossible to falsify it. No one’s going to know what kind of deodorant most of their friends wear - nevermind anyone else they interact with in a day-to-day basis.

@cakbchristian Out of curiosity, why use aluminum free? I did some research and the risk of medical conditions related to aluminum based deo are quite low. Just curious about your decision to use it.

@jacnkat777 This is super easy to fix with hydrogen peroxide + sunlight (usually safe on colors, not always) or an Oxiclean White Revive soak in hot water (safe on colors, despite the name), in case you ever switch back.

@mrfuture I like the aluminum-free stuff because it doesn’t cause pit stains on my clothes. I’m very aware of smelling bad, and I have regularly asked my wife, parents, and a few friends if I stink. No one has said I do, and it’s been a few years of using it. Here’s hoping that’s still true!

Back