Just a gentle reminder…

@downdraft I think this is the best option. I have the Aura and you can comment on photos and "love" the photo. It's a great alternative - just a bit costly.

@roxyat4896 We use the family album app and it is great for those family member that want to see babe all the time. They can even comment on pics and you get free prints each month as well!

@cindlee We love the family album app, but unfortunately some family members try to take the photos off there and post them to Facebook. We’ve discussed it enough that it’s no longer an issue but in the beginning it was such a big deal to some people.

@roxyat4896 I heard that you can’t screenshot or save from that app. Is that true? Or are they taking photos of the photo? I was planning on using this app with my family but if they can save or screenshot that kinda goes out the window

@jastin Yeah you just have to be very clear with the people you share the album. Like some ground rules. That's worked out really well for us.

@downdraft It honestly baffles me how many people willingly post their children online. It's scary to think about honestly.

And besides the safety concerns maybe think about your child and allowing them some privacy in their lives? Nobody likes when grandma shares the baby pics in the photo album so why spread those pics all over the Internet where anyone (literally anyone good and bad) can get a hold of them!

Sorry mini rant over lol but please people keep your kids off the internet.

@cindlee It makes me anxious when I see someone post a video or photo of their baby with their face In clear view. I get wanting to share them for sure, but you’re literally sharing them with millions of strangers. Yes, it’s a community for parents, but one still has to take safety precautions. It’s the internet, y’all.

@downdraft Well and just because someone is a parent doesn't mean they are a good person.

We will barely share photos of our son with our friends and relatives online because it's too risky and easy to hack

@katrina2017 For me the main issue is consent. I haven’t posted zero images of my child to social media, but I’ve posted very few. For me it becomes an issue if you’re the type of person who constantly posts pictures of your child online without their permission. You’ve basically just created a whole online identity for them and never even asked. I know on my Facebook and other social media sites I like to have control over what people tag me in and whatnot.

Other than consent, there is just the issue of weirdos out there, such as ones who role play as parents of kids they think are cute that they found online. While this isn’t physically dangerous (in most cases), the thought of this happening with my child makes me deeply uncomfortable.

@katrina2017 For me it’s about protecting his identity altogether. No birthday info, no name, and definitely no photos! Who knows what the world will look like by the time he’s 18?! I already have this battle with my friends and family keeping my personal information offline!

@cindlee One of our friends posts photos of their baby in the bathtub all the time. It infuriates me. They also do “chubby feet/ leg updates” like once a week and maybe that isn’t so bad but I still feel like that is putting their child at risk. Even my siblings who are 13 and 14 have every aspect of their life from birth to now posted online by my parents. We’ve agreed we’re not posting any pics of our baby online but we’re already getting some pushback from both sides of the family.

@jastin On a non-sharing note, a weekly "chubby feet/ leg updates" is super cute. To be clear - Something for me to personally do, just not share online. Maybe just text to my sister since she is an obsessed loving aunt who fully understands why I don't post and would never.

@cindlee one trend that really disturbs me is people showing their babies’ feet. they film close-ups of the baby’s feet and taking off their shoes/socks. those videos have always felt icky to me because you never know who’s looking at them or what they’re doing with them

Back