I think I made a core memory with my daughter last night

@berk60 I got my son a headlamp and went for a “night hike” through the woods. He is 6. Was worth the keeping him up late. Was so much fun. Gonna try to do it again soon.

@berk60 I used to do this with my dad whenever i couldn't sleep. We'd go out and look at the moon together as early as 1 years old. I still have memories of being small enough my whole body would fit inside his jacket with just my face popping out so we'd stay warm watching the moon at midnight.

Recently my 7 month old started a sleep regression and rather than fight the tears for hours in the middle of the night i decided we'd get a little daddy-daughter time and it really is the best. She falls right back to sleep after too :)

@berk60 My (and my boys’) similar core memory is them being about 5 years old and them creeping into our bed about 3am because they were scared of the thunder. We threw the curtains open and sat watching the lightning together having a great time. Well worth the wasted sleep. They’re 14 now and still remember that night.

@berk60 My husband did this with our 6 year old son this past Spring. Went and got him out of bed and snuck past his little brother's room to go admire the northern lights/aurora borealis. It was his very first time seeing them and ugh it was so sweet it made my heart hurt!

Knowing you're creating a core memory is just the best feeling! Good job, dad!

@berk60 That's awesome! If you want to feed the space thing, consider getting a telescope. I would recommend a Dobsonian as the most user-friendly telescope, and it's great for the moon and planets.

@berk60 Awesome!! Not a dad (or a man) but I still remember my dad waking me and my sister up after midnight so we could lay outside and watch this rare meteor shower. I must have been like 7.