I think I made a core memory with my daughter last night

@berk60 I'm not a dad, but I just wanted to sneak in here and say that when I was a little girl, I had tons of little glow in the dark star stickers on my ceiling and walls and loved it lots. Now I have a home planetarium. I don't think anything beats looks at the real stars, but they could be things your daughter might enjoy if she can't stay up late to see the real stars every night :)

@goneguy My dad is an astronomer, so he put constellations up on my ceiling as a kid, and then helped me do the same for my son. We even went so far as to use the night sky above the city the day he was born. I think it's super cool, hopefully he'll think so too when he's older haha.

@dijal There is a company that does posters of the night sky of a certain date and location, I got one done for the time, date and place for when both my kids were born. Think it's called "thenightsky.com". Have them both framed in their rooms, they look very nice, but you'd have to figure out constellation locations yourself, which is fun in itself.

@dijal I'm pretty certain this is the website we used. You enter your location and date and time, and it'll show you the night sky. Doesn't work very well on mobile so I recommend looking on a desktop.

@goneguy That reminds me of when I was a kid. Two brothers I was friends with, their dad painted their room walls to ceiling in huge planets and stars. I was blown away. That's a core memory from someone else's dad.

@berk60 I follow this sub because I lost my dad at an early age (10) during a certain event (if you catch my drift) in 2001 and seeing stories like this really warm my heart. It really helps me remember the memories I made with my dad during the short time I got to have him in my life. Thank you for sharing dads, give your little ones a hug❤️