I did it. I told my ped.

@j010203t I told ours pretty early on and she just said she has to continue to recommend that we not. I suspect it was policy.

However, same healthcare system, he was hospitalized and would not sleep in the hospital crib. Screamed and screamed and screamed. I tried to nurse him to sleep and transfer him but he woke up.

The nurse came in and said it was fine for us to cosleep and it was way more of an issue there than it is at home. We were on a fold out chair that converted to a bed with barely any room for him and I. Granted he was almost 1 then but still.

We were there for four days and had doctors and nurses and techs in and out. Only one doctor said anything and it was “well as long as we aren’t all sleeping” I think because it was a nap. Not sure she would have been happy at night but oh well.

@j010203t I mark it on the questionnaires, but have never explicitly said it. Ped did tell me good for us that baby is sleeping on her back at 1 month because she had a bald spot, but I was literally holding her day in and day out.

@j010203t I had the same fear and was dishonest our first few visits. Eventually I was honest and confident, citing my sources and our set up and my pediatrician said " I'm supposed to tell you that a lot of risks come with that but since you've done plenty of research I will instead tell you that both of my kids slept in our bed until they were in school" I appreciated that!

@j010203t My pediatrician asked the first time where our baby slept and we said she has a bassinet. On our second and third visit, she didn’t ask again and just wrote “sleeps on back in own crib”. Was a relief not being questioned about it so much

@j010203t My go to was : "she goes to sleep in her crib".... Which she does, for around two hours until she wakes up and comes to bed with me. At almost 10 months I'm over hiding it though

@j010203t Yes, I told the tech, and she just asked if LO slept on her back still and was very pleased when I said yes! It made me feel so good knowing my ped office did not care at all. Made me feel like I was making the right choice taking my girl there.

@j010203t Good for you!! It’s your family, your call.

I told our ped right away but it was actually the dentist that has a problem with it. He tries to be subtle but basically says nursing down is why she has rot on her front teeth. The guilt trip is rough and I’m no doctor, but it’s hard to believe BF is the culprit… he hasn’t dropped us tho.