I did it. I told my ped.

@j010203t My daughter is 10 weeks. Last ped visit he asked how she sleeps and I said she sleeps great! He then asked if she slept in a bedside bassinet or a crib and I just sat there with this face 🥺. He said “Noooo” and of course gave me a warning and all that. He’s a good doctor but I’m not gonna stop cosleeping because of his warning

@j010203t I'm in Australia. I mentioned it because I was lookong for advice on how to help her transition to the cot (i don't mind bedsharing but would like to be able to have a bit of time to myself, she won't sleep without me). My doctor shrugged and said half the world does it.

@j010203t Outside US. Ours said: I will say what cience says but I couldn't do it and everyone is on my bed.

I like how she always says all the options and even her own experience. Every child is different, there's no right recipe.

@j010203t That’s how you know you found the right pediatrician for you. Of course, you do want one that will correct you too where necessary for baby’s health/well-being, but support for your decisions is equally important too.

@j010203t I told mine. She just quoted the AAP recommendation and moved on. We were not cosleeping by choice, so I didn't particularly care about people's opinions on it. We switched to a pack n play and then her crib as soon as we could, but it took months to transition her.

@j010203t Same. I lied until 10 months and she responded “it happens mine do too” which was really comforting. When my oldest was an infant they made me feel awful, showing me a video of SIDS 🫠 Its a shame, people should never have to lje to their doctors.

@j010203t I told mine. She was mostly worried about mine rolling out of the bed. Once we put bedrails up on all sides of the bed she was completely fine with it.

@j010203t Oh also on the night my youngest was born she wasn't having any of that hospital bassinet shit. After like the 4th time I slept 10 minutes and woke up because she was crying, I curled up around her and fell asleep and so did she for 2 hours and the nurse only said "I'm glad you and baby finally got some sleep."