I’m living in my future nostalgia

Right now I’m sitting next to my recently turned 7 month old who is sleeping on our floor bed in our small studio apartment. There’s music playing out of a speaker on the kitchen counter that we listened to as I danced him to sleep. The light outside our front door is peaking through the kitchen window and onto my body.

I’m about to crawl into bed next to him to sleep for the night. Sometimes he wakes up 2-3 times to nurse. Sometimes it’s a split night. And sometimes I wake up in the morning and realize we slept 7-9 hours straight.

And here, right now…. I realize I’m living a moment that I will eventually wish I could return to for just a moment. He won’t always be this little. We won’t always be cuddling together at night. He still fits in the c-curl. I know this isn’t forever and even though it’s been hard having a baby in such a small space, I know I’m going to look back at this time and wish I could re-live it for just one day.

@leonard_eccentric This post made me cry. My LO is a bit over 6 months old and I feel like I'm so much more tired than the newborn stage, but at the same time so sooo much happier.

These were my exact thoughts yesterday, when he fell asleep in my arms. We don't contact nap anymore, cause he wants to move before falling asleep, and I cannot describe the feeling I got when he closed his eyes. I wasn't even trying to put him to sleep, just to calm him down a bit.

He is my precious little baby, so small, so vulnerable and I'm the happiest in the world that he feels safe in my arms and I can calm him like that.

I wish I could take away his troubles like this his whole life, but I know I can't. We're indeed living in our future nostalgia.

@leonard_eccentric All we can do is just try to be present as much as possible in everything we're doing with them.

Sometimes when I'm having a hard time putting him down to nap, I remember I only have left about 400 naps with him, before he's going to daycare. I know we'll have weekends but won't be the same 😞