In case anyone needs it: this is the official permission post for parents living in places with sub-freezing weather to relax on screen time and food

@simondarok Agree so much with you! Cold sunny weather is my absolute favorite and so much more invigorating than people realize...and you can definitely spend hours in 20 degree weather outside with the right clothes and feel toasty! Haha I am also from up north. Having lived some places without truly cold winter, though, you'd be surprised how unprepared (gear-wise) people can be even when the climate has all 4 seasons. I have seen kids in just unzipped fleeces (no mittens, no hat) for a 2 hour long late Fall outdoor event in 35 degrees (& dropping) dusk just as an example. Of course they're not having fun in that! And in that town, when it did get truly cold, even the adults were like a Bingo card of improper dressing, out without a hat and in a light coat in 17 degrees feels like 0 and complaining they're cold! Gear, layering, (and practice) getting out makes such a huge difference.

Editing to say I am absolutely pro taking it easy on yourself if this is not your thing or you don't have the right gear to have fun, like I mentioned above. This too shall pass!!

@epilla 20 degree weather is fine like OP said! It's the -15 degrees plus brutal wind chill we have here that is not worth it for taking my toddler out in, to me. Maybe for short bursts if she was a bit older though.

Back