How do you approach the stupidity that is Daylights Savings Time?

@robaya Grumpy and tired. Some times I did the gradual sometimes cold turkey. I like gradual more. Even 2 30 min difference days helps. Also I wrote what ever senator I had in support of ending day light savings time. It's cathartic

@robaya I've released any expectations with nap/bedtimes. I believe they call it Possum approach. It's a non stressful way of life for us. When she's ready she naps whenever and wherever. I totally understand people with work schedules need structure, but I'm a SAHM and have complete freedom. I used to try so hard to be perfect, thinking I was doing something wrong if she didn't sleep at the exact scientific timing. Now it's so easy-going and less worrying on my end.

@robaya We kinda wing it. I took my 19 month old to the playground yesterday and made sure he didn't nap too long and put him to bed maybe a half hour early. He woke up at the correct time today and is basically back on schedule. I'm just gonna make sure to tire him out again today so he's tired enough to fall asleep at the right time.

@wordsworthless This is the best and most simple answer.

I spent 2 years always dreading, obsessing and feeling defeated. Then I realized it all evens out within a week.

Naps may be missed or later, and bedtime/waking will adjust.

It’s easier to go with it than fight.

@robaya Ours has always seemed to adjust on their own lol the last two days he’s woke up at 7 which is EARLY af for him, 8-9 is more his speed and I’m praying we’re back to that tomorrow lol

@robaya What has worked for us is that a week ago we start shifting bedtime by 10 minutes earlier each day. By now it is a the correct time for DST and doesn’t feel like an abrupt change.

@robaya We don’t change anything. Went down at her normal time tonight, I’ll wake her up at normal time tomorrow. She might be tired, might but she’s an enigma

@robaya We actually had been planning 2 weeks in advanced and slowing changing the wake up/bed time.

LOL Guess which day our 18m got sick for the first time? Our 1.5 hour mid day nap was taken ad hoc 30 min at a time at lunch then again at 6pm (because I assumed that would be bed time but nah).

Back