For those who have weaned before.

@vl32 It was a rough 2 weeks but things have been sooo much better. When my son turned 12 months I went down to feeding him only before bed and in the morning. Maybe once overnight and for the next 5 months it was soo bad. My skin was insane, my moods were terrible and I felt like I was getting sick very frequently. I’m about 6 weeks out and I feel pretty good.

@vl32 I’m sure it doesn’t happen for everyone and I really hope it doesn’t happen to you but WOWWWW this hit me so hard and I was not at all prepared for it 😭

I had trouble maintaining my supply after going back to work at 4 months. At 7 months, we started supplementing with formula. At 10 months, I was probably only pumping enough for 2 out of 5-6 bottles a day. At 11 months I stopped pumping and nursed her at bedtime and first thing in the morning. I thought since my production was gradually decreasing the whole time that I wouldn’t get hit with the crazy hormonal fluctuations but boy was I wrong.

As soon as I stopped pumping it hit me like a ton of bricks. For about a week and a half I was crying all the time, super irritable and I felt like I was actually crazy (I was getting incredibly upset over things I knew were not a big deal at all). For several months after that I felt more depressed than I had since becoming pregnant. I do have a history of anxiety & depression and was so worried about the postpartum period but somehow managed to avoid PPD…until I stopped pumping…when they stopped screening at Dr. appointments…when no one was checking in anymore….it was so hard. My daughter is 15 months now and I feel better but still not 100%, though I have a lot going on with my family so I’m not sure if it’s carryover from weaning or just that.

I hope this doesn’t happen for you. And I don’t want to discourage or scare you but god do I wish someone told me that this happened to them so I could have been more prepared for it. Good luck on your weaning journey! ❤️

@vl32 25 month old only gets boob at her one nap and it’s been about three days of no boob for bedtime and it’s a hit saddening that we no longer bond like that during bedtime and it sucks even more so because she’s also been leaning to fall asleep without it and will cry out for me a couple time and each one gets sadder and sadder until she falls asleep. But I’m also currently pregnant and nursing hurts a lot right now so I’m having to cut her off for my wellbeing and mental health. But I’m also emotional from being pregnant and no boob at night and her crying breaks my heart.