Those who had a C-section, what were you able to do for baby while recovering from surgery?

@blessedbythebest88 I had an emergency C section, but once I got home from the hospital everything was pretty normal. I cooked, cleaned, held the baby, diapered, I just had to go a little slower. Just listen to your body and have a support system that can help you when you’re exhausted!

@blessedbythebest88 Hi there! I had a planned Csection due to my
Little girl being breech. Recovery wasn’t too bad, still able to move around. Obviously don’t overdue it. My husband pretty much helped with everything. I bf my
Baby so had to do that but not gonna lie it’s uncomfortable to bf those early days because of the c section. For sure splurge on those nursing pillows and nursing chairs. The bed was so uncomfortable for me to bf and still is. Tell your husband what you need during those first few days. Mine was a champ with pretty much helping me feel comfortable to breastfeed. My
Parents helped us out so much too. Don’t be afraid to ask your parents or in laws for help. They made sure we ate and would take care of baby some of motn shifts. Overall don’t overthink it. I was so anxious about my C-section and afterwards but 4 month ppd I wish I soaked in more of those moments and not so anxious all the time. Good luck and enjoy your newborn! It seriously goes by so quickly..

@blessedbythebest88 I opted for a c-section rather than have it become an emergency. I don’t know if that contributed to a smoother healing period, but once I was able to get up on my feet and walk around (day or two after surgery), I was able to do most things in caring for the newborn, including feeding, changing, holding and rocking, going for walks. Pain management was just Tylenol and ibuprofen. There were some challenges with positioning the baby for nursing. I didn’t carry the baby in the carseat, and it was a little difficult going up and down the stairs. But overall, I was surprised by how quickly I regained physical functions and abilities. This was just my experience, and I suspect a lot of it is just luck.

@blessedbythebest88 I am a prime example of what NOT to do!!

I had a last minute (but not emergency) c-section because baby decided to flip from head down to breach when I was 5cm dilated and 70% effaced.

The spinal block they gave me was very effective and I had zero pain from the procedure. (I was actually talking and joking with the team during the surgery.) As such, I was up and out of bed and walking around later that same day. I didn’t need any painkillers stronger than ibuprofen and managed to talk my OB into a discharge after only 1 night in the hospital.

I have been cautious about not lifting anything heavier than Baby Girl, but I have changed diapers, done laundry, cleaned, cooked, etc. All of which has resulted in popped stitches. At least one exterior stitch is popped and I’m sure I’ve busted an internal as well. Just because the visible cut looks okay, please don’t forget about the 6 internal layers the doctors had to cut and then resew to reach your LO.

Take. Your. Time. Be slow. If you’re tired or feel even a little pain, stop, and rest. Your job is take care of and feed your Baby. Let your village take care of you. ❤️

@blessedbythebest88 My fiancée did everything the first week, I hadn’t changed a single diaper until after that. He would bring me the baby to breastfeed because it was difficult to sit up in bed let alone pick up a baby. After that I got the hang of everything else. I’d recommend a bedside bassinet that connects to your bed! Much easier to pick up baby for night feeds especially those early days when they have to eat every 2 hours

@blessedbythebest88 I had an unplanned section last June and I think I must have been very lucky as I had a very smooth recovery. After 24 hours I was able to move around as normal and lift baby etc, although I did exercise due care when doing so. Everyone is very different so it is a good plan to have help to hand Incase you are having a difficult time.