New dad here, please help. Seeking advice from those with experience in this situation. TIA

@foley33 I’m going to look into the Legendary supplements and I think we will stop the fenugreek and tried other routes since it seems to be 50/50. The last thing we want is to worsen the situation. And yes, a LC is next on the list. Thank you for your advice!

@dreamer30 Hi! Don’t know if anyone mentioned but fenugreek can have an opposite effect for some people— it might be safer to stick with food sources for increasing food production like some other people have mentioned - oatmeal and coconut water like in Bodyarmour seems to be somewhat miraculous for lots of people. And also echoing that supply is very much still regulating.

Hope everyone gets so sleep! I get nauseous when sleep deprived but also when my iron is low — may be worth having MD check ferritin levels.

It sounds like you’re doing a great job supporting your family and kudos to you for seeking advice on this.

@dreamer30 She absolutely can continue to breastfeed. You two are doing so well! You can't see it right now because you're in the newborn trenches, but this is a minor bump in the road. Breastfeeding is a journey with a lot of highs and lows. This is normal. She has not ruined breastfeeding and she will produce more.

First, bring your wife water all of the time. Get her a bottle (Stanley or whatever she prefers) and keep it filled. My doctor recommended I drink at least 80oz a day for breastfeeding. I don't know what her doctor would say, but keep that mama hydrated! It will take a day or two of proper hydration to get results.

While you're at it, buy yourself a bottle and keep yourself hydrated, too. You need to be in good health for your family.

Second, the amount she pumps does NOT reflect how much that baby gets when breastfeeding. Babies are much better at removing milk from the breast than a machine. Additionally, an 8 day old baby has a walnut sized stomach! They can only fit a couple oz at a time. Its why they seem to feed every hour and why you'll get so little sleep.

Third, I would caution her about power pumping at this point. Her supply is still establishing itself for the first few weeks, not days. Keep offering the breast as often as baby wants it. Offer both breasts if baby still seems hungry. Maybe pump for an extra 10 or 20 minutes after each feed.

She needs to be cautious about creating a huge oversupply. This can lead to clogs and infections called mastitis. Both can be incredibly painful and can even land her in the hospital. Right now, pumping occasionally after feeding is probably more than enough.

And it goes without saying, listen to your doctors over what strangers on the Internet say. Take time to ask questions and research, but there is a LOT of bad information out there.

Congrats on your little one!