For those who are afraid of cryptic pregnancy

@luckycookie51 don’t know if you still check this account, but i read the posts on your other and our stories are almost exactly similar. i’ve been so scared since may/ june of this year and it’s still going. i would be 5 or 6 months pregnant by now and i’ve had 6 periods and 5 negative tests but i still can’t stop thinking about cryptic pregnancy. thanks for writing this. i wish i could feel better about it all. it’s so tiring.

@luckycookie51 thanks. i don’t know why it’s so hard to believe all of it for me. like i’ve gotten my period every month since then and according to everyone on here, i never had anything to worry about. thank you for the advice. i’ll try to remember that, cause the anxiety about it has ramped up again

@luckycookie51 I have had the same scare I did so many tests, urine and blood all negative and kept on thinking I am still pregnant, I had every symptom you could possibly think of, short period, light period, late period, nausea, headaches, breast pain EVERYTHING. Until I saw an obgyn, had 3 blood test which confirmed the negative test. Then she asked for an ultrasound to check if there any issues and I got diagnosed with PCOS which had a factor in growing my tummy (the one I though it’s a baby bump).

Please note cryptic pregnancy happens when women don’t test or don’t acknowledge their symptoms or test too late and get the hook effect (not necessarily) but it can be seen as a normal pregnancy on ultrasound! Instead I found cysts!

I had a scare about ectopic pregnancy and thought that the tests won’t show a positive result but turns out even in ectopics a pregnancy test turns positive and there is no way for the fetus to survive!

@katrina2017 Thank you for this! I've been going off the rails, terrified of cryptic pregnancy, after reading one too many YouTube comments of women saying they tested negative blood and urine all throughout their pregnancy. Seems to be lots of conflicting information out there between reddit, YouTube, forums, TikTok. Well I have paid for an on demand blood test which was negative and almost twenty negative urine tests. Finally seeking out medical care tomorrow at my planned Parenthood appointment and hopefully I can get more answers about my bloating and shortness of breath and weird periods.

@luckycookie51 Thank you for posting this. I have my first time in August and then have sex again around September 9 and the next day got my period. I won't lie and still scared of being pregnant. We used protection and still got my period every month (mind you I just finished my period a few days ago) but I'm still scared. My period is now regular something that was never or maybe I was just to bad at tracking it.

I don't have any symptoms and haven't take any pregnancy tests because my mom would kill me, she doesn't even know I have sex. But maybe is just my anxiety. Sometimes I wonder how a pregnant belly feels like just to be able to know if I'm pregnant or not.

And oh god it feels so good to be able to take this worries out of me.

@luckycookie51 I literally haven’t gotten my period for almost 6 months and i have PCOS but has never skipped a period in ever and i did have unprotected sex and the doctors scheduled a ultrasound to rule out cysts because every single urine test has come back negative and I’m so paranoid and i literally can’t tell anyone. The ultrasound is on Saturday

@luckycookie51 thank you for posting this! i am literally in the same boat, my last encounter was in september 2022, 8 months ago and i have been terrified ever since despite getting my periods. i am currently waiting for my next period and i hope it comes on time, i’ve been worried sick

@luckycookie51 Thank you for this post I’ve had 4 periods since ic. Had a myomectomy last month since I went to obgyn and found a massive fibroid because I didn’t trust the tests and felt pregnant still. But now after surgery and ultrasound I still have the anxiety I still worry. There’s a part of me that knows it’s impossible but the other part is stronger.

@luckycookie51 thank you so much for this. last time i’ve had sex was october 2022 and i would be 42 (maybe 43) weeks now and no baby. i have been freaking out about this for the past 3 months and i always try to trust my intuition so that’s why i was so confused why i didn’t believe all the negative urine and blood tests. turns out it’s anxiety and i need to get over it. i’m glad that i’m not alone in this.

@luckycookie51 This post is a bit old but still going to comment on it because I can say this post and comments helped ease my mind a little. It's almost a breath of fresh air knowing i'm not the only one feeling like this. My anxiety literally started because I saw one stupid TikTok and started to spiral on google and back on TikTok. Horrible ik. I've been having the same things and thoughts going on.. even the muscle spasms. I'm just super hyper vigilant over my body now and quite honestly.. it's DRAINING! Anyways, We will all get through this guys. If you're reading this, remember to take a deep breath. Your brain has started problems like this before about other topics and you've either forgot about it or got over it. YOU GOT THIS!

@germanguy The muscle spasms 😭 I’m having those right now. When I tell you I freakedddd out the first time I had never felt spasms in my stomach (kinda started convincing myself it was a baby kicking)