For those who are afraid of cryptic pregnancy

@luckycookie51 This is PRECISELY my situation. I have anxiety and my hypochondria went into massive overdrive a few days ago when I stumbled upon a cryptic pregnancy video on TikTok. I grew up watching "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" but I hadn't even thought about the medical condition in years until I saw the TikTok recently. My last sexual encounter was in early February of this year (so about 4 months ago) and I wasn't on BC but we did use a condom. I watched as my partner tied up the condom and threw it away so I know it didn't break. But I'm still paranoid.

I was getting my period regularly every month until May when I started a new anti-depressant (Oxcarpezepine aka Trileptal) and that has a ton of side effects that are also common in pregnancy. Nausea, stomach aches, fatigue, bloating...and I read it can also effect my cycle. It's more than likely that my anxiety coupled with my medication is causing me to feel "movement". I swear I can feel a baby kick or move!! But I just took a urine test at a clinic today that came back negative....sooooo, I'm not pregnant! Right? RIGHT!?!

Ugh, this is genuinely driving me crazy. I've been paranoid from previous pregnancy scares in the past but never to this extreme. I feel like I'm going to be anxious for the next 5 months while I wait to see if a baby pops out of me in the middle of Target or something.

@aric Exact situation right here, I’ve been going through this scare for 4 months now and let me tell you it has been awful, It has consumed every part of me, I’m starting to accept that I’ll probably have to wait the whole 9 months till I’m fully at peace, my chances of pregnancy were already very low, and I’ve had all sorts of tests done and everything was negative, and those cryptic pregnancy TikToks and articles really aren’t helping

@gena197 I’ve been freaking out I haven’t had sec in almost 6 months. I feel weird movement in my stomach I’m breaking out when I never break out I’m constipated I had a negative blood test and negative 10 urine tests. How r u now???

@pete1507 Yes!! I talked to both a gynecologist and a therapist about these weird movements and they both said it’s me being hyper aware of my body, so it’s probably just that, phantom kicks are a lot more common than u think and they do happen to people who were never pregnant before

@faustian omg same, i’ve been thinking i’ve been pregnant since august. i get moving in my stomach a lot, i’ve been constipated a couple of times which never had happened to me. i also been getting negative tests at home and at the doctors. my breast just now started getting sore but it lasts for a few seconds then goes away. i honestly don’t know what’s going on

@luckycookie51 This is so me, had sex about two months ago. I am in nexplanon so my period is super irregular and I had about 5 super heavy periods as well two negative pregnancy tests. This helped calm my worries, ty!

@luckycookie51 i know im not! it just sucks because i hate using a condom bc it hurts lmao. so whenever i have sex i get super anxious until i get my period. so i started birth control a couple of weeks ago but the nervousness doesn’t really subside haha