Does anyone else have their newborn live in onesies 24/7?

healihealiheal

My little one is 5 weeks old and I can’t imagine putting her in anything but a onesie/sleeper at the moment. Bonus points if the onesie has built in mittens & a 2-way zipper.

I got gifted so many cute outfits for her in this newborn stage but I feel like I couldn’t be bothered with them. The thought of having to wrestle with her at every diaper change to put the pants back on while she screams is not something I want to go through rn.

@healihealiheal My son is 5.5 months and unless we are going somewhere (and even sometimes then), he’s wearing a sleeper. I like to be comfy at home, so why shouldn’t he? You can catch us rocking our PJs 24/7 until we have to do otherwise.

@jac48 My LO is 4mo and if we're not going anywhere we stay in sleepers other than what we call "nakey baby" time so she can see her toes and such. Other than needing to see their own body, there's nothing wrong with that! Super cold days she stays dressed more often.

@jac48 Hell, my daughter is almost two and she’s still in PJs at home unless we’re going somewhere. I’m expecting baby number two and I’m buying waaayyyy more zipper pjs for this baby and way less cute clothes.

@aliceatkins I wear mat pants unbuttoned and tank tops bc I can’t stand the look of my changing body naked or in loose clothes. I just feel fat. Maternity clothes make me feel magical

@jac48 This is me & my son as well! We live in PJs unless we leave in the car because the zippers bunch up too much under the harness. No way in hell am I wresting him in and out of pants 10x a day lol.

@jac48 My daughter is 17 months and she's still in onesies 99% of the time. She's home with me everyday and I work from home in a robe, so I don't see why she shouldn't be just as comfortable as I am 🤷‍♀️

@jac48 Right there with you. LO is 7 months, and most days, she lives in sleepers. In the summer, when she was a newborn, she was either in a onesie or just a diaper.

Back