Can’t Lose the Damn Weight - 2 Years Postpartum

@cinamon Because toddlers need carbs and fat along with protein veg and fruit and if I’m trying to have a calorie deficit I’m going to avoid the first two things more and eat more veg and protein.

@morirach You can eat carbs and fat and still have a calorie deficit.

I was just wondering why your toddler ate differently. We just give ours what we are making for dinner, like tacos, pasta, etc. Sure, sometimes she doesn’t eat it all, but it’s not much different than what we have. My oldest, on the other hand, eats about 5 things so I understand picky eaters. In my experience, the little ones were easier with food, but every kid is different.

@morirach 1) have you had your thyroid levels checked lately? Pregnancy can cause thyroid issues.

2) Are these fats and carbs you mentioned from healthy sources? If so, it shouldn’t take a restricted diet, just eat smaller portions or reduce the fat in your serving ( like omitting the cheese).

I would not focus on the number on the scale but on the healthfulness of the food consumed by your family. I’ve lost weight recently from incorporating more beans into our diet. I think their filling fiber has caused me to eat less per meal.