Calories burned

@asp510 I'd say it's hard to know. Hormones affect people differently and your hormones are very different now. It could be affecting your metabolism.

@asp510 It’s really hard to say since every body is different, but I was eating more and didn’t increase my workouts yet didn’t gain any weight.
I actually lost weight during my first trimester (probably because I stopped drinking alcohol) but my doctor wasn’t concerned. And don’t worry, if you’re like me you’ll make up for it in your second and third trimester!

@asp510 I’ve read in quite a few places (what to expect when you’re expecting, what to expect.com, etc.) that even though the baby isn’t consuming anymore calories that our metabolism is boosted with all of the extra body fluids we are moving around, higher basal/overall body temperature, and not to mention that we are BUILDING something inside of us, even if it’s small!

@asp510 Just try it. My doctor said that I need to make sure my pee is barely yellow, at least during the day. I now drink about 100 oz a day.

Back