Calories burned while working out

erinbeery

To all women staying very active, just wondering how many calories do you burn on a single workout? Im 30 weeks and do an hour daily (45 minutes spinning with resistance and 15 minute strength training or stretching) and my Fitbit marks 250-290 calories. I do try to keep my heart around 140-150 bpm but it's kind of... meh, my midnight bowl of Special K has more calories than that. I do end up very tired though.

@erinbeery My sports dietitian has always told me to ignore calorie burn metrics. They do not take into account a lot of factors- weather, how much you have eaten (your burn more when you are nourished than undernourished), and other life stressors, like being pregnant. Your body is using more energy during everything you do because you are growing a human at the same time. So enjoy your workout and enjoy your Special K! Worry about feeling good mentally and physically, and satisfying your hunger.

@erinbeery The fatigue is hitting me hard. I have opted to do just some elliptical on days i just want to be a bit active but not too much. Or just walking to/from the grocery store to pick something extra up for dinner.

@erinbeery Sounds about right, your body is working overtime to finish up cookin the baby. I won’t give my calorie burn bc it varies so much between person to person, type of workout, etc. I notice exhaustion creeps in sooner at the end of pregnancy of course

@erinbeery That seems a little low for what type of workout you’re doing and your heart rate… this is why I have a hard time trusting fitbits. I used to have one and noticed it was very off on some of my metrics. obviously everyone is different and it can vary with your tracker, but for a 45 min spin session keeping the heart rate that high I would expect the calorie output to be higher, especially with being pregnant (increased cardiac output, blood volume, etc.)

I just did a spin session yesterday with slight resistance and at a decently hard pace and burned just over 200 calories in 30 min. My heart rate was between 120-150 the whole time. And I keep up with my cardio so it wasn’t some crazy workout for me. Just as an example