Birth at 38 weeks?

@nonku I'm from The Netherlands. Apparently most women don't carry twins that long here either. Most women do get induced, get a c-section or have a spontaneous labor before week 39. Or at least that's what my midwife told me.

@theempress I have always admired mommas who deliver vaginally, moreso twins and above! So kudos to you!

My water broke & I was 2cm dilated at 36w+2 with my mo/di twins, and those 2 hours of contraction while waiting for the hospital to prep the OR was...something. I can't imagine the strength needed to go through all that for more than the time it takes to get the blessed epidural.

@quaheem Second pregnancy, induced at 37.2, doc said I'd probably carry full term. The induction was scheduled because where I come from they want to have full control when delivering multiples. I had a team of 8 present (mostly waiting outside) including a child cardiologist and 2 pediatricians (one for each child). The pregnancy was smooth and babies were doing just fine. It's a common practice with multiples and women over 35.

@ramallah So many people waiting in anticipation of a big show staring at me. And as soon as the babies were out I was nobody. From Taylor Swift to a long forgotten one hit wonder.

@quaheem I carried to 37 weeks but my doctor asked if I’d like to go another week. However, I was so fed up and tired and in pain from the pregnancy that I cried and begged to them to induce. Which they did as they could see it was really affecting my mental health. Equally, they only had to break my waters for it all to kick off and no other intervention so I was practically ready to go (he said it would’ve happened any day then).

@quaheem Induced at 38+1!

Pregnancy was good. Got PUPPPs at 35wks which sucked but other than that everything was "normal" as can be for carrying two massive babies in my body.

I had one non-stress test that was a bit wonky at 36wks and they offered to induce me then but I declined. I was pretty certain I was just dehydrated, and they made it clear the offer was more about convenience than necessary. My doctor was very much saying, "you have an out, if you want it. We can say this is the reason, but you don't have to do it if you want to wait".

I slept and drank milkshakes a lot. I went off work from my at home desk job at 32wks to become a full time blob. I'm a firm believer the milkshakes helped 😉

I had mild contractions for about a week before induction and was 6cm on admission so it was pretty quick. Started meds at 10am, babies just after 3pm. Boys were 7lb 4 oz & 7lb 10oz, vaginally delivered, 9min apart, we all went home the next day. They were my second pregnancy & vaginal delivery. Couldn't ask for much better!

Be ready & take it easy. That's all you can really do.

@quaheem My wife delivered at 38 weeks exactly with a scheduled c section. Her pregnancy was smooth, although smooth with multiples often still includes intense fatigue and discomfort, which was the case for her. Last few weeks she really struggled. But the babies were home after 2 days and my wife’s recovery was pretty quick and simple.

@quaheem My wife is 5’0” 100lbs (not pregnant lol) and had a planned section at 38 weeks. She went in to labor 3 hours before the surgery. I’d say she was only truly miserable for the last 3 weeks.

@quaheem My wife has been doing great until a routine appointment showed high blood pressure. They almost wanted to deliver them that day, until it came down. She was right at 36 weeks when that happened. Just something to keep in mind, I wasn't expecting early labor or something like preeclampsia to force an early delivery.

Back