Birth at 38 weeks?

@nonku I'm from The Netherlands. Apparently most women don't carry twins that long here either. Most women do get induced, get a c-section or have a spontaneous labor before week 39. Or at least that's what my midwife told me.

@theempress I have always admired mommas who deliver vaginally, moreso twins and above! So kudos to you!

My water broke & I was 2cm dilated at 36w+2 with my mo/di twins, and those 2 hours of contraction while waiting for the hospital to prep the OR was...something. I can't imagine the strength needed to go through all that for more than the time it takes to get the blessed epidural.

@quaheem Second pregnancy, induced at 37.2, doc said I'd probably carry full term. The induction was scheduled because where I come from they want to have full control when delivering multiples. I had a team of 8 present (mostly waiting outside) including a child cardiologist and 2 pediatricians (one for each child). The pregnancy was smooth and babies were doing just fine. It's a common practice with multiples and women over 35.

@ramallah So many people waiting in anticipation of a big show staring at me. And as soon as the babies were out I was nobody. From Taylor Swift to a long forgotten one hit wonder.