Anyone else’s baby fit into smaller age size in clothes?

@netty805 My first was always a size “behind”. At 3 months she was just going into 0-3month clothes. It all evened out when she was around 2. Skipped 18-24 months clothes pretty much and straight into 2-3 years. Now she’s 3 and in the “right” size for her age.

@netty805 Sounds like your child is just smaller than her peers but that doesn’t mean she isn’t growing well.

My son was premature and currently weighs 21lbs at 18m. He’s always been tiny but growing on his own curve so the doctors aren’t concerned. It’s nice that he can fit in clothes for longer periods of time. But I am hoping he will have a growth spurt soon.

@netty805 My 6 month old has anywhere from 0-3 to 12 month in her drawer right now and fits them all. Just ignore the word “month” and assume the numbers are arbitrary, because they are.

@netty805 Every since she was born, mine has always been in smaller age sized clothes. Even now, she’s 18 months and she’s just now growing out of the 12 months.

@netty805 My little guy still fits into his newborn size clothes at 3 months. He outgrew his newborn diapers at like 10 weeks old. But we started adding formula to his feedings a couple of weeks ago and now he's getting chunky :) I think I'll have to pack his newborn clothes away soon.

@netty805 My baby is 7mo now. Still can fit some 3 months old clothes and when we buy new stuff we still buy it in size 6 months.

She's in the 25th percentile both for weight and height so it kinda makes sense that clothes are a bit too big for her.

@netty805 It totally depends on your baby. Your pediatrician will be tracking their growth and should let you know if there’s a concern. But overall, if your baby is following their own curve, they’re just fine. Babies vary widely in size, just like adults, and each clothing brand is different, too. My kid keeps outgrowing everything by height but he’s skinny, so the next size just falls right off him. There’s nothing wrong with him, it’s just the way he is.

@netty805 My baby was like this too! She wore her newborn clothes until like 2-3 months old. And now at 18 months old, she has juusst started wearing clothes for 12-18 months lol.

She has always been consistent on her weight and height percentile, so we are not worried.

@netty805 My baby went into 3-6 month clothes at 2 months but at 13mo (nearly 14) is still wearing a lot of 9-12 and has only recently stopped wearing some 6-9 pyjamas. It’s not always linear. We also have sometimes found a size range has too small a waist but is still really long and that kind of thing.

The main thing is that they’re following their growth curve.