Does anyone else have a BBB List? The "Before Baby Bucket List"?

@gupta We're having our wedding right before TTC, that is one goal, and we want to have reached our budget for a debt-free homestead (we're not moving there until we actually have a baby though).

Honestly, I wish I would have made some friends before TTC, but I don't think there is much I can do about it. I'm socially awkward, don't have many common interests and now live in a town where it's super hard to connect with others, especially as a self-employed gal. Social meetups in a city nearby are always at week evenings when there are no trains back. And I don't drive either...

Other than that, I really hope to have my webshop live and running before TTC!

So in short:
  1. Getting webshop up and running
  2. Completing budget for off-grid homestead
  3. Making some real-life friends if possible
  4. Getting married (or approaching the wedding date, if I ovulate early)

@cdw Off-Grid Homesteads are so neat!

I'm also somewhat friendless, it's just due to who I am as well. Luckily, my husband is my best friend - I hope you get lots of support from your partner too! It also helps that I have a little dog who goes with me everywhere, never alone!

What do you sell on your webshop?

@gupta Thank you! :)

My fiancé is also my best friend and that often overshadows the fact that I don't see (potential) female friends. Maybe I would do more outside of my comfort zone if I didn't have him. He also has a lot of free time for me, so we get to do a lot of stuff together and it's awesome. :)

As for the webshop, that's still subject to discussion and depends on the business partner I can find. My own part is designing prints, and I would like them to be printed on products that are more sustainable (materials). I definitely have to dive into the details this summer! ;)

@gupta I don't have a fun BBB list because I intend to continue doing stuff both scheduled and spontaneously that I love and make me happy after baby!

Just this year,

I started taking ballet classes twice a week in September;

I took my husband for a weekend in a town a few hours away;

We're going for a cruise to Alaska in two weeks.

I think the BBB idea is fantastic for date night ideas.

@zzareyan I hope to continue doing things we love too! I'm trying to jump out of my comfort zone a bit, maybe find more things I love.

I really like the idea of a weekend trip a few hours away, I may be adding that to our list!

Maybe I'll put the list of things we do somewhere safe and then when it's time for date nights when the baby is here we can pull it out and go "Yea, let's do that again!"

@gupta The weekend away was lovely. We've been together for 12 years and it was our first real "weekend" that we took for ourselves. I mean, we travel home very often because we lived so far from home for a long time while in school and our parents are constantly calling, lol, but that never feels like a break. My DH's birthday was coming up and I hadn't told him about it until a few days prior, "So loves, I've booked a hotel. Be sure your packed on Friday for two days."

Playing tourist in a city not too far, booking a B&B, and doing the local tours is so fun AND budget friendly.

@gupta Y'all sound like a lot of fun! I love your ideas!

I have one, it turned into mostly long weekend trips:
  • Buy a home in a family neighborhood - done
  • Lose that pesky 15 lbs - done
  • Trip to Moab - Arches Nat'l Park and Dead Horse Point State Park - done
  • Zion Nat'l Park - scheduled for July
  • Jackson Hole, WY & Yosemite - scheduled August
  • Vegas!
  • drink at as many local breweries as possible - in progress
Banff was on my list, but then why can't we bring baby?