5 months pregnant, just found out 3 car seats will not fit in my CUV. Can’t afford a bigger car. Freaking out

@mwylcxca97 We had to trade in our SUV for a van, there was no way. We still owed money on the SUV too but we went from a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (super narrow middle seat, no way to fit 3 car seats) to a Pacifica and I love my van. My son is 3 and he’s RF behind the passenger and twins are RF in third row. You’ll probably have to get very specific slim seats in to do a 3 across, you can check to see if the Car Mom did a tour on it since she attempts 3 across.

Good luck

@mwylcxca97 I was able to fit three Infasecure attain fit three across rear facing in my mums tiny Volvo :) just need to find narrowest car seats on the market. And you may even have more room given one if fwd facing so that’s good :)

@mwylcxca97 I have a Nissan altima and have 3 across! For my forward facing toddler I have her in a Graco tranzitions and my twins are in rear facing graco slimfit 3LX. It has to be the 3LX, not the standard slimfit.

When I had the twins in bucket seats they were in graco snugride snugfit DLX seats.

@mwylcxca97 We jumped to an Odyssey from a Mazda 3 in preparation for our 3 under 3 (though the oldest turned 2 just a couple days before the twins were born).

Even if we’d been able to get 3 rear facing car seats to fit side to side, there was no way I was going to be able to move the drivers seat back far enough for my long legs.

Plus we really did want all of the benefits that come with a minivan.

@mwylcxca97 I have a Rav4 and my almost 2yo is in the middle with a Britax Emblem. Then we have the twins on each side in Chicco keyfits. I keep the bases in for the infant seats. It works for now. I'm not hopeful I'll be able to fit 3 big seats once the twins grow out of the infant seats, though.

Side note: I love the Britax seat. The cover is very easy to remove and put back on when it needs to be cleaned!

@mwylcxca97 I had JUST bought a Envista in October found out I have twins on the way. I was freaking out so bad but got super lucky I found a trade for only $4k extra. Just keep an eye out, might have to buy an older SUV to fit the budget.

@mwylcxca97 There are plenty of used vehicles around. Maybe you know someone who's selling a car. We've totally helped families out before. Never ever had a car loan ourselves.

We bought a cheap minivan when we had a third and upgraded when we found a more ideal car. Things do not have to be perfect.

@mwylcxca97 We made it work in our sedan (Subaru legacy) with a forward facing UPPABaby Knox and two UPPABaby Mesa infant seat. Looking at Dianos or Grace slimfit when we have to switch out of infant seats.