5 months pregnant, just found out 3 car seats will not fit in my CUV. Can’t afford a bigger car. Freaking out

@mwylcxca97 We had to trade in our SUV for a van, there was no way. We still owed money on the SUV too but we went from a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (super narrow middle seat, no way to fit 3 car seats) to a Pacifica and I love my van. My son is 3 and he’s RF behind the passenger and twins are RF in third row. You’ll probably have to get very specific slim seats in to do a 3 across, you can check to see if the Car Mom did a tour on it since she attempts 3 across.

Good luck

@mwylcxca97 I was able to fit three Infasecure attain fit three across rear facing in my mums tiny Volvo :) just need to find narrowest car seats on the market. And you may even have more room given one if fwd facing so that’s good :)

@mwylcxca97 I have a Nissan altima and have 3 across! For my forward facing toddler I have her in a Graco tranzitions and my twins are in rear facing graco slimfit 3LX. It has to be the 3LX, not the standard slimfit.

When I had the twins in bucket seats they were in graco snugride snugfit DLX seats.

@mwylcxca97 We jumped to an Odyssey from a Mazda 3 in preparation for our 3 under 3 (though the oldest turned 2 just a couple days before the twins were born).

Even if we’d been able to get 3 rear facing car seats to fit side to side, there was no way I was going to be able to move the drivers seat back far enough for my long legs.

Plus we really did want all of the benefits that come with a minivan.

@mwylcxca97 I have a Rav4 and my almost 2yo is in the middle with a Britax Emblem. Then we have the twins on each side in Chicco keyfits. I keep the bases in for the infant seats. It works for now. I'm not hopeful I'll be able to fit 3 big seats once the twins grow out of the infant seats, though.

Side note: I love the Britax seat. The cover is very easy to remove and put back on when it needs to be cleaned!

@mwylcxca97 I had JUST bought a Envista in October found out I have twins on the way. I was freaking out so bad but got super lucky I found a trade for only $4k extra. Just keep an eye out, might have to buy an older SUV to fit the budget.

@mwylcxca97 There are plenty of used vehicles around. Maybe you know someone who's selling a car. We've totally helped families out before. Never ever had a car loan ourselves.

We bought a cheap minivan when we had a third and upgraded when we found a more ideal car. Things do not have to be perfect.

@mwylcxca97 We made it work in our sedan (Subaru legacy) with a forward facing UPPABaby Knox and two UPPABaby Mesa infant seat. Looking at Dianos or Grace slimfit when we have to switch out of infant seats.

@mwylcxca97 That's not true. Buy the Combi Coccoro, they fit nicely with another toddler seat even in a Toyota Yaris. Personally tried. We used them and were very happy about them. Basicall forget about having those with base that you can click and connect. We left the car seats attached and had a stroller in the trunk.