Why isn’t this particular risk of back to back pregnancies ever discussed?

@justm811 I did intense mobilization and massage on my c-section scar and it’s done wonders, feels almost completely normal now at 13 months pp no tightness or pain or numbness. I had hand surgery and PT years ago and learned then how important it is to rehab surgical sites and what a huge difference it can make. It’s never too late to start either!

@nyakoa I was told 22 months before I could try. I thought that was such a random timeframe, but makes sense.

This was all before we decided to be one and done, in my PP appointment.

@nyakoa My doctor told me not to even think about getting pregnant again before the 1 year mark. It’s absolutely insane having kids back to back, especially after a c-section.

@nyakoa My doctor said 2 years between deliveries. I've heard 18 months between is acceptable.

Anecdotally, my c-section area doesn't feel totally normal 15 months postpartum.

@jayfrost123 I worked with a women who had her first in May 2018, second in March 2019 and third in June 2020 - all elective c-sections.

Fuck that shit right off!
I’m 3 years post c-section and have no interest!

@williamsnodo Yes! My daughter used to stretch and would dig her tiny toes right into my scar. I couldn’t even wear underwear that rubbed it for a while. It’s just now starting to be ok

@jayfrost123 I have a 4 month old and I can't even imagine...i didn't even have a c section lol. I just can't imagine not being 100% for him because I'm dealing with nausea and all the other first trimester bullshit

@bynom Lol same. I had an uneventful vaginal birth and oh my god, when I heard about people getting pregnant a few months postpartum, I was like “wait what??? Absolutely not!” I had/have no energy!

@jayfrost123 Omg that is really increasing the risk of rupturing your uterus on the second go to do that.

It makes me feel a bit sick because either women are unaware of the risks, or they put their own health so far down the list of priorities that they sacrifice themselves just to have this super close spacing. Or they are forced. I don't see a good option.

@jayfrost123 My mother had 3 kids in 4 years with C sections after me. Apparently doctors told her she had super high risk for uterine rupture with the 2nd (born only 13 months apart) but she still got pregnant a 3rd time 🤦‍♀️ they weren’t even accidents

@jayfrost123 I had a scheduled c section and while my recovery was smoothe i can’t even imagine being pregnant 4 month or let’s be real ever. I was terrified of sex for the first 6 month after my daughter was born. Ugh this makes me so ill I’m so many ways

@jayfrost123 Another piece of the puzzle as to why I am OAD as well... Guaranteed repeat c-section with a complete bicornuate uterus lol. Mine healed well, but it fucking hurt and I don't really want to repeat it. They had to give me some propofol right before because I was so anxious I thought I was going to have a panic attack and vomit. My husband had to be WHEELED INTO THE ROOM because he was so anxious he thought he was going to puke and faint too. LOL.

@mybridges I know someone who find out she was pregnant 10 weeks after giving birth to her first child. The doctors told her it’s likely what triggered her autoimmune condition after her second was born. Her body just never has a chance to recover from child birth.

@osu1 I had a friend who had her first at 17 and just kept having more and more. She’s got 5 now. Somehow she’s like a super chill person idk how she does it.