Why don’t more people use wool?

joyful0128

Maybe I’m underestimating how challenging wool will be to take care of? I don’t see much about wool anywhere though! It just seems like it makes more sense to me from a health and environmental standpoint.

@joyful0128 I just had my third baby this past week and decided to knit him wool covers, I didn't start trying wool until my first two were older and loved the covers I had made, I've been loving using wool from the start with this little guy. And knitting the covers myself I was able to customize the style I like and they were very inexpensive other than my time (but I enjoy working on projects and knit his covers while at the doctors office for my prenatal appointments almost exclusively)

@daxx Oooooh I am a major knitter running out of things to make for my first baby (expected late January) - can you share any patterns you've used for wool covers? I'd love to try this!

@maitri I made up my own pattern, but very loosely followed a video on YouTube (I completely resized it to make them work from birth, added in German short rows for shaping etc) but would be happy to share the video link.