Why don’t more people use wool?

@xenliad When comparing pockets to wool, you need fewer wool covers. You need a new pocket for every diaper change, so in early days, it could be as many as 30 for three days. I got away with having six wool covers in the early days.

@nabichu I went through 6+ PUL covers in the early days but be pooped with every feeding and we were changing like 16 times a day for a couple months.

@joyful0128 They're very expensive and more difficult to clean than regular covers because you generally can't just toss wool into a hot-water load like you can with typical polyester covers.

And for me, personally, my skin is very sensitive to wool. If, while wearing pants, I sit on a wool rug, my legs will start itching. So no wool for me.

@lifeword Merino wool is different than standard and yes, there’s many different ways to process it. For example many high end blazers and pea coats are 100% wool and you’d never know it.

@wren84 I'll have to find something in Merino wool and see if my skin is happy with it!

My husband has a lot of nice suits that are wool and I can always tell if I sit next to him or rest my head on his shoulder, etc. But, I bet none of them are Merino wool because they're pretty much all from vintage shops.

@joyful0128 The reason I don’t use wool is because the wool diapers I have seen are expensive. I don’t shop at Amazon so my source is green mountain diapers. We opted for flats and covers. I also got some covers used and some from esembly (great quality). The covers are plastic/poly but they are very very durable, easy to clean, and keep in the poop!