Why are pregnancy clothes hideous?

linlee

UPDATE: thanks everyone, glad to know I’m not the only one who hates maternity clothes 🤣🤣. What I ended up doing is I rounded up all the clothes like tshirts dresses and trousers with elastic bands that were quite big on me pre pregnancy ( I like either crop tops or very loose stuff in general lol there’s no in between!)and I have put them all together in drawers so I now don’t have to go through my wardrobe thinking what will I wear!! I am currently 12 weeks and 5 days, and I had a look at pregnancy clothes this weekend. There's barely anything in stores and most of it is online, but OMG, why does everything look like the design is for people in their 50's/60's? I looked at H&M and was really disappointed, so I opted to get 3 t-shirts 3 sizes bigger than my usual, and a pair of jeans 3 sizes bigger than normal. Since it's summer soon I'm hoping I can just wear loose dresses the rest of the time and avoid the ugly maternity clothing 🤣.

@mx83 For my bike shorts I went from my normal 00 size to a 3 and they feel amazing. I got a lot of clothes from Walmart in bigger sizes because they are super soft and work. They have some cute dresses that are stretchy and not expensive. I was a 00 before I got pregnant and now I am 31 weeks wearing the 3 for size idea.

@wideopenheart My last pregnancy I found 1 pair of size 00 maternity shorts at target and ever since then I have never seen that size it was disappointing. Even shopping size S in maternity at Ross or marshals is too big.

@lovedove512 I am currently wearing this for like the third day in a row 😂 target has some super comfy biker shorts with a stretchy maternity band rn that i am absolutely in love with

@chpjoe Ahh good idea!! I really don’t want to buy many clothes so that’s a shout! Thankfully I tend to like the loose style so already have dresses that are a bit too lose for me normally, so I won’t have to get much 🤣

@linlee I absolutely hate the idea of spending so much money on clothes I’ll wear for a handful of months. So I’ve bought sweatpants/sweatpants shorts one size up because I like them big anyways, gives me space to grow and also room incase I can’t shrink back to my pre pregnancy body

@sokerizfun I know! In my country, I keep getting ads for this one company selling maternity jeans for like 45. I normally by legging for like 5 and jeans I would never pay more then 25 so 45 seems like a rip off