What are your best mind blowers for kids under 5?

@david46 Not a parent, but an educator who did “sink or float” recently with a group of 4-6-year-olds. The answer to that is yes! I quickly wrapped up the activity before it descended into complete watery chaos lol

@jayy_c24 I did this as a kid thinking I was magic. Got it accurately a couple times. I would say something like “the light is going to turn green………now!” I had no idea about checking the other lights but knowing now that my family knew is hilarious and that they probably thought that’s what I was doing.

@mbinks89 Scrunch up a straw wrapper and say it’s a caterpillar, then use the straw to slowly drip water on it and watch it grow! I used to do this all the time myself when I was a kid I thought it was so cool.

There’s a certain way to do it that’s hard to explain via message, but I’m sure there’s a YT vid out there to show ya

@joevic Tear one end off, stand the straw on the table with the open end up, scrunch the paper down against the table. Use the straw to keep everything in line. Once it's as compressed and scrunched as possible, remove the straw, lay paper on it side and add a drop of water.

@joevic No problem. I have also struggled to explain things without visuals. But, it has been part of my job for a while, so I got better. Still struggle sometimes, especially when the audience isn't native English speakers.

Back