What are you getting your kids for Christmas?

robertharris

What are you getting your kids for Christmas? My third is due right around Christmas so I’m trying to get everything ready super early!
I have a 5 year old, a 2.5 year old, and possibly a baby by Christmas or maybe right after 😅

On my list for them so far is beautifully illustrated, gentle chapter book for the 5 year old and a nice picture book for the 2.5 year old (looking for recs if you have them!), Waldorf style dolls for each of them… and then I’m hoping to steal some of your ideas! 😅😊

@robertharris We bought a large canvas tent as the big present. I buy 1 ornament each year that speaks to what each kiddo was into that year.

I am LOVING all the various responses. I thought about leaving this sub because I am not a “what toxins are in my life?” kind of mom.

@peggyleggy Yes the variety is great! I was thinking the same.

I am also thinking a simple canvas tent for mine this year (almost 2), and maybe some toddler "furniture" to go in it. But I don't usually start my Christmas shopping until December lol so I am very much in the planning stage.

@robertharris We're getting a little rideable car for my child who will be 2.5. It's like a little suv that 2 kids can sit in and drive but it has a remote control too so we can drive them around ourselves. Her best friend has one and they love driving around in it. She doesn't need many more toys and we'd like to spend more time outside so this will be her one big present from us. It's not very crunchy but we're okay with that right now.

@keeley120 My husband just bought one for our girls super cheap off Facebook marketplace for like $35. We don’t feel bad about it because it’s second hand, and then if they get tired of it then it’s nbd, we can just pass it along!

@carolny I love Little Witch Hazel, and everything Phoebe Wahl! I just had a baby and her wooden blocks and baby poster are both on my Christmas list for my little one this year 🥰

@nikki21 Aw, congrats! I saw both of those on her shop site recently and they are so cute! (Was there to grab a LWH enamel pin for my toddler’s stocking!)

@robertharris Things are tight this year, so we're doing repairs for Christmas. They have so many favorite clothes and toys that have broken, watches without batteries, things that need glued or mended... We'll get them all shipshape in a huge wrapped pile for Christmas. I have some things I've picked up for free and very cheap (pool toys, vintage clip-on earrings, hot chocolate packets etc) that will add enough novelty, I hope. And the grandparents are always generous.