Taking a Poll

@g19shooter When my kid was 2 weeks old I accidentally clipped a small chunk of finger off while trying to clip her nails bc she jerked into the trimmers… still haven’t gotten over that scream.

Accidentally bopped her head on the banister of the hallway a couple times. She never reacted to it but it happened and I felt so awful I now hold her differently to avoid it.

One time sent my kid to daycare on an ~80 degree day. Dressed her appropriately in a t shirt and shorts but she had a blowout and the only spare clothes in her cubby were from winter… bulky fleece long sleeved onesies that would surely suffocate her. I felt awful about it and my fiance had to bring her extra clothes.

One time my fiance pretty much just fed her water when she was like 2.5 months old because he put the formula in the bottle and was so exhausted he forgot to shake it, so it was all just sitting in a big clump at the bottom. Thankfully she was fine.

@trynabgood I did this but it was her toe. Didn't cut a single nail for weeks after that. She also has a birthmark on the tip of one of her fingers and goes under the nail. It's the type with blood vessels in it so scared stiff cutting that one.

@damienfleming I second that, it stresses me the amount if activities i should do for the baby while i can barely have sane functioning mind frim the sleep deprivation..
I don't remember my mum or Grandma have ever mentioned tummy time or anything...... And i think my physical abilities are just fine.. they have to develop at some time i mean..

@g19shooter Dad here. Still contact nap for every day time nap. The reasons: 1) I’m lucky to work for a company that gave me 20 weeks of paternity leave. 2) I enjoy contact naps and he sleeps in his Snoo at night 3) I’m convinced the idea of putting a baby into a bassinet as “drowsy but awake” and having them actually stay asleep is a myth created by someone who just hates me.

@g19shooter I didn’t realize I had to send in baby’s birth certificate to HR for health insurance. I found out through her ped right before her 2 month vax appointment. I had to beg my work HR to let me add her to my insurance since it was almost 60 days past birth and you’re supposed to send it in the first 30 days -__-

@g19shooter My son got a bad diaper rash at like 1 week old bc he doesn’t cry if he’s pooped. He would and will sit in it and not care unless I notice. I felt absolutely horrible and cried so much. Now I put butt paste on all the time just in case.

My older son rolled off our raised bed at like 3/4 months old onto hardwood floor because I was mopping and thought it would be okay for him to chill on the bed while I mopped.

I’m sure I have so many more but these are the first ones that popped into my head lol