So they don’t wear coats?

@mcdiggety I'm wondering - can they choose their own coat? I had this issue with my 14-yr old until I allowed her to pick the coat. Then she was OK. It was in the style and fit she liked, so wasn't embarassed to wear it. When it gets warmer, she just carries it. Works out alright, thankfully, because we live in Canada and I don't want her to catch pneumonia/flu/bronchitis.

@mcdiggety My kid just came home from school, shivering cold, in shorts and a flannel in 30 degree weather. Will this change their mind tomorrow? Nope. It’ll be shorts and no coat until at least the first big snow.

@mcdiggety My teenager lived in hoodies and leggings from 13-19 (current)

They will survive and be cold.. it’s that simple.

Unless they are waiting for the bus for an hour.. just let this battle go.

Make sure they have lots of fashionable (to them) thicker hoodies or hooded zip sweatshirts…

Teen boys also as going through puberty are also burning ridiculous amounts of calories and their body temperature is much warmer than adults/wome also going through puberty. (Though some girls are also have higher body temps during this time frame)

@mcdiggety Nope!! I have two teen boys and today it was 5 degrees. No coats. They have to wait at the bus stop and everything. It’s mind blowing. Brrrrrr. It’s not worth the fight though. They don’t get sick anymore often than my littles. 🤷‍♀️

@mcdiggety I definitely lost this battle last year. Currently 8th grader still doesn't wear a jacket. Occasionally a hoodie. I gave up. It's cold. None of them wear jackets (or boots).

@mcdiggety My kids don’t even have a lockers except for PE at their high school. They run in and apparently don’t get cold but my daughter has worn a basic outfit to a football game, froze to death and would do it all over again just to say she looked cute. Frozen but cute 🤦🏻‍♀️

@mcdiggety Yes. I see only hoodies at my sons high school . A few wear coats. Not many though.
I live above Philly.
Note: they cannot wear hoodies during school though. Must be in lockers all day until they leave.

@mcdiggety Even when I was a teenager I wasn’t going without a coat because my friends were (mine would think I’ve lost my mind and worry I’d freeze to death). I was going without a coat because I know if I’m walking alot I will warm up quickly (this was due to taking my mental health meds which took a few years to find out) so I didn’t see the point in bringing a coat because it didn’t fit in my backpack because it was huge and I would be late to class if I was stopping at my locker (which wasn’t near any of my classes) to put it in there.